Head gasket

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
Anyone have the steps for lifting the cab to do a headgasket on a lbz crew cab?
Also whats the part number for the head dowels that go into the block
Thanks

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
Read that lifting the cab is faster then pullin the motor, and i have a car lift to lift the cab with

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Lifting the cab is the better option. If you've never lifted a cab off of one your probably don't realize how quick and easy it is to do so.

Plus lifting the cab allows you to do the repair without breaking the ac system open. Pulling the motor does not.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
That's crazy, we can pull the motor in less than 2 hours. You've got a good point about the the AC, we have a machine so I don't think much of having to recharge it.

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
So do you have the steps of what u gotta pull to pull the motor and steps for pulling the cab? Pulling the cab i was woundering what u disconnect on the brakes also where do u lift it at

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Really? How do you remove the core support?

I prefer pulling the cab. No question about it. To each there own though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Always just bungee corded condenser and compressor on the passenger side of the bay. No a/c work involved.

I'm assuming with cab removal, hydroboost gets unbolted from the firewall? Fuse box disassembly?

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
Some pull the motor others pull motor and some leave in, i m just tryin to figire out which way is the best, any input is welcome, really looking for a step by step or list of what all is involved

LBZ1991

Nov 21, 2014
Winfield, MO
If your just doing gaskets I'd pull the cab. It take 2-3 hrs. then there's no need to remove converter bolts and with the motor still all bolted up its a lot easier to torque the heads. Brakes wise just undo the master cylinder from the hydro boost. Then there's no need for bleeding brakes after. Lift the cab by the pinch welds.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I pull the engine. Don't have a lift to pull the cab or I might try it just to see. But OP I would say you unbolt the hydrobpost unit and master cylinder as one piece and leave it with the frame.