Question: H2's with OEM center caps

BackNBlackTJ

Ahhh, yeah... about that!
Dec 22, 2009
Arid-zona
What are you guys doing to get the OEM centers to fit on H2 wheels?

I mounted my wheels last night and found that the OEM centers do NOT fit like I was told, looks to me that a lot will have to be carved out of the plastic in order to get them to set in correctly...

me personally I don't mind the look without them but my wife thinks it looks ugly :screwy:

2260102280036728711S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
Remove the 4 little black 'stand-off' tabs on the back of the center-cap. They will pull out. Should give you just enough thread.

BackNBlackTJ

Dec 22, 2009
Arid-zona
Remove the 4 little black 'stand-off' tabs on the back of the center-cap. They will pull out. Should give you just enough thread.

NG...

I just went and tried this, looks like I need to shave at least a 1/4" out of the radius of the plastic cap to get even close to the threads :confused:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If your truck came with steel wheels, you will need some new center caps from a truck with the aluminum PYO wheels (or carve up your center caps).

BackNBlackTJ

Dec 22, 2009
Arid-zona
So they are different sizes ???

chaulk that one up to: Learned something new for today...

So I guess I need to change this to a wanted ad... who's got some alloy wheel center caps they want to sell?

Thanks...

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
Just trim about a 1/4 inch off the oems they will fit fine. I did this to mine. Just mask off the caps and trim. It was easy with a cut off wheel.

Attachments

• Boulder H2'savatar.jpg
    Boulder H2'savatar.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 40

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
NG...

I just went and tried this, looks like I need to shave at least a 1/4" out of the radius of the plastic cap to get even close to the threads :confused:

Yeah...........I thought you had PYO's. If you are buying some used caps.......look for the NBS (07'-10') centers. They fit better and look great.