H.p. gains from larger injectors ??

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
Over the winter I will be upgrading to 60-70% over injectors. I know my stockers are no where near efficient for my current setup and want to go larger to decrease smoke and hopefully increase longevity.
but how much power should i expect to gain once tuned properly ? 80 -100 hp ?

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Big injectors take alot of work to tune right. It will be very hard to clean all the smoke up at low speeds. My truck has 60% overs and it smokes all the time. Mine is exaggerated by my big single but my buddy Josh ran the same twins you have with 60% overs and was tuned by Tony m. And it hazed smoked at low speed. I will say the injectors make a big difference in safer tuning and power but I would go big the first time. Your twins will clean all your fuel up with a 2900 pw and 60% overs.

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
what kind of injectors was he running ? how much power did he make ? I daily drive the truck so i will give up a little power for it to run a little cleaner, so I dont think i'm going to go with much bigger than 70%

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Go with 100 overs and be done with it... I have talked at great length about DD and big injectors with guys that run big injectors, one person in particular is Simon he runs Guys 100 overs and says his truck could be daily driven no problem. Who does the injectors plays a role in smoke control as well

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I thought LB7's were bigger to begin with then LLY's and LBZ's. I could be wrong. I run 100 overs on my truck and the thing hazes alot at idle. I'd never want to daily drive it. Maybe with different tuning it would be better but right now people roll there windows up when sitting beside me at a stop light. When I ran the 60 overs they seemed perfect to daily drive with.

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
I thought LB7's were bigger to begin with then LLY's and LBZ's. I could be wrong. I run 100 overs on my truck and the thing hazes alot at idle. I'd never want to daily drive it. Maybe with different tuning it would be better but right now people roll there windows up when sitting beside me at a stop light. When I ran the 60 overs they seemed perfect to daily drive with.
This would not be good, I park inside a garage at work don't need to stink and smoke the place out when i drive in and out.
But I have also heard who does them plays a big role in smoke levels, but how do you know ? Not to stir up shit but first time I called extrude hone a few years ago they hinted around about a few shops that sell injectors that they just sent to extrude hone

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
This would not be good, I park inside a garage at work don't need to stink and smoke the place out when i drive in and out.
But I have also heard who does them plays a big role in smoke levels, but how do you know ? Not to stir up shit but first time I called extrude hone a few years ago they hinted around about a few shops that sell injectors that they just sent to extrude hone

Mine are Socal and I love them. I never asked for them to be tuned for the street maybe that's the problem. I'm new to all this stuff I'm just giving observations.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah

I have tuned trucks with most the makes and brands of aftermarket injectors , the bottom line if your real picky with smoke, don't go bigger than 45% overs , i have managed to tuned a truck with actual 60% overs that is almost ( short of laying into it way to early or trying to make it smoke ) smoke free while driving at my elevation and close to 900 hp , but it took several hours of in seat tuning . Most actual 60% over's slightly "haze" at idle .

Last edited:

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
mine are 60 over extrudes , they have zero hazz @idle . I kinda have to work at it to make it smoke on the street , other than flooring it at low speed

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I had 80% over in my truck, and it idled clean. It would puff out a pretty good cloud of smoke if you got on it real hard from a stop or even if you were rolling along the highway, but it cleared up really quick. It was pretty easy to drive it on the street without smoking people out. I had the same twin combo you are running and a high RPM cam from SoCal.

edit: I just reread your sig. I was running the same large turbo as you, but my small turbo was an HTT SS366.