Greg Hogue's 200mph 6 second rail in action...LMFAO

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
What's that have in it? The johnny popper tune? Sounded great... sounds as good as his "program".

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
My STOCK truck can still beat that "dragster". I wouldn't even have to pull the back seat out. :roflmao::roflmao:

And to think, he's one of the self-proclaimed "faces of the diesel industry". What an embarrassment.

Last edited:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Well @ 2500lbs with a 101mph trap speed that puts him right around 190rwhp I think. Not quite the 1500+ he has been talking about. Maybe he was only running on a cylinder and a half

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
If he didn't make so much noise about how rad and innovative he is a guy could maybe respect what he is trying to do.
But with all the noise he makes and then puts down passes like that I guess the evidence of his skills speaks volumes.

By the way the tuning sounds and how it shifts I'd be scared to stand too close to the wall-might get a piece of aluminum in the forehead!!

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
If he didn't make so much noise about how rad and innovative he is a guy could maybe respect what he is trying to do.
But with all the noise he makes and then puts down passes like that I guess the evidence of his skills speaks volumes.

By the way the tuning sounds and how it shifts I'd be scared to stand too close to the wall-might get a piece of aluminum in the forehead!!

I'm right there with you. Id be cheering him on if he didn't spend that last year and a half+ talking about how he was gonna be the fasted diesel EVAR and yada yada yada.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Lol rolling start, no boosted launch, sounded like it was bouncing off a very low rev limiter the whole way and had trouble shifting.

Better then I expected it to do :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I just... I don't even...

Did they even test this motor before that run? At those speeds, they could test it in town and no one would even know it was "racing". The smoke might piss off a few people, though.

But seriously, what was up with the motor? Sounded like a gas motor with a bad miss on 3 cylinders. How do you get a miss and black smoke on a Duramax?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Diesel Rail Fail
:roflmao:

At least it didn't fall apart...:baby:
Hopefully ( and I say that for the sport and the Duramax brand name) it was something simple, he figures it out, and makes the pass he should've made on the next go

Would an alternate firing cam with an injector wiring harness that wasn't wired properly act like that?
What about if the cam/crank sensor lost communication with the ECM?
Just curious...

I hope Hogues likes crow...cuz he's got more than a plateful to swallow, along with a bit of pride ;)

SBLC

Here to Learn
Jun 12, 2008
Utah
lol I watched that it was pathetic

X2, Watching you make your passes was way more interesting then waiting the 10 minutes for him to start it up, burn out, and then go popping :popcorn: down the track.

However, I have to give him credit for trying. I would also be curious with regards to the root cause.

Last edited:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas

Truth.....

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Nice Times

If he wouldn't put everyone else down and tell them how great he is and how behind the times we are I would feel sorry for him. Its always easy to sit back and tell everyone how to do it until you do it! It's not easy, now he has to just roll with it. It's funny how the people that were helping him tune and get the car going didn't know what they were doing and now he has the greatest in the industry helping it's still got problems. All I know is I like the socks! LMAO

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
WOW you guys are brutal where is the comradery? Can't you see he had his DSP switch on his "smoke Tune" setting! :D

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I doubt he even knows what a DSP switch does or how to wire it.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I'm with Jeff, tall socks and shorts?!? I have now lost all respect, I bet he was wearing sandals too :roflmao:

Sounds to me like it was low on fuel pressure causing a miss???