Got The New Comp Trans From Limitless Installed

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Weather finally broke up enough for me to make the 1,700 mile round trip to Limitless to get my new full billet comp trans put in. Hell of a drive but 100% worth it. This new trans shifts so amazing. Part throttle to WFOT is perfect every time. This thing is on a totally different level than any of my previous trans have been.

Some of you might know through out the years that I have had a terrible time getting my truck to shift at the correct rpm mainly on 1-2 and 2-3 shift after a boosted launch. Well that is a thing of the past. 20# 4wd launch spinning like hell and hit every shift perfect put a huge smile on my face. Every shift is so solid and perfect. This thing went well beyond my expectations to say the least. Best shifting Allison I have ever been in.

Evan was absolutly a blast to deal with on this entire project. Awesome customer service, and all around great guy to deal with. He picked up a core trans and built it before I came up. We ended up installing a Mike L cooler And Fleece trans lines while we had it out. Evan got me to do some cleaning up of old fuel lines and brackets that were no longer needed and routed the wiring better for an overhaul clean look and easy of working on the truck in general.

If any of you guys need a trans built, you absolutely can't go wrong with Limitless. He will be doing any of trans work from here on out. Couldn't ask for a better guy to be dealing with. Can't wait for the tracks to open and get some numbers out of this thing. If it doesn't go fast, it is my problem now, the truck is working amazing.

Last edited:

Chanzilla

Feb 15, 2013
San Antonio
So what is the difference between your trans and a 'stage five' kit built by a reputable builder like what most people go with? And is it worth looking into for someone with plans of 6-700 hp? Some explaining for the noobs would be great. Glad to see you are so impressed! :D

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
You will find this answer over and over again but its not 100% what's inside the trans, its how it is built. Some people have them figured out, some people think they do, and some people actually know how to build it to make it hold power and shift correctly in the process. Evan knows what hes doing! He can build you a trans to suit whatever needs you have, absolutely no doubt in my mind. It doesn't have to be an all out comp build, but that's what my truck needs and that's what it got. Give him a call, hell get you lined out.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
There is a lot of other mods that go into a trans that are not on the interweb. Builders do not share there tricks anymore cause of others copying there ideas and designs.

Chanzilla

Feb 15, 2013
San Antonio
Yeah I realize the builder knowledge is over half of the build. I wasn't sure if there were hard parts that set this trans aside from the rest. Being that I've never really heard of a comp build. But thank you both for clearing that up.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
So what is the difference between your trans and a 'stage five' kit built by a reputable builder like what most people go with? And is it worth looking into for someone with plans of 6-700 hp? Some explaining for the noobs would be great. Glad to see you are so impressed! :D

He is a reputable builder. If you're talking about a stage 5 purple transmission then this is worlds beyond that.

You don't need a billet transmission for 6-700 hp. Not saying something can't break, but it's usually not needed yet.

Talk to Evan and be done with it :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
He is a reputable builder. If you're talking about a stage 5 purple transmission then this is worlds beyond that.

You don't need a billet transmission for 6-700 hp. Not saying something can't break, but it's usually not needed yet.

Talk to Evan and be done with it :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Not sure what hp most builders recommend billet parts but this is what 600hp did to a buddies trans. uploadfromtaptalk1424752112186.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424752112186.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424752112186.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 92

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
You might be right. All I'm saying is people say at x hp you need billet parts. Not always the case it seems.
Would be interesting to hear from trans builders when they recommend them and why.