got a BIG problem.... p0090 won't go away

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
yea i expected them to say something about the stuff.

i went there last night and spoke w/ the service manager. i asked him if i was to take the truck back and "change" some parts if i then brought it back and requested a GM rep to come out and look at it and prove that what is on there ddin't cause the problem, would that be ok, he pretty much told me yea.

of course they are trying to void it but that ain't gonna happen.

gonna pick the truck tonight and take everything off and bring it back to them tomorrow.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
well they said that they were doing some "wiring repair", i kept asking what wires and they just kept saying wiring repair by the alternator, i'm like huh by the alt, he then cut me off and said don't worry about it we'll be taking care of everything no cost to you... cool w/ me. i'll find out when i go get the truck today maybe.

then i get to re-install everything for hopefully the last time.:D

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
well finally got everything hooked back up, she's good to go and now back w/her owner. only problm i was having afterwards is a 0087 low pressure code. but found that PPE tells you to put 2 washers in the RV, well that was't enough. so i put 3 and it still threw th code. i wound up takng the race valve out of my truck and put it in his and all is well. thanks guys for all the help.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
hey, got a call last night, my bddy said he threw a 0087 code again. you guys think the ported rail fitting would fix that? that's the only thing left.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
hey, got a call last night, my bddy said he threw a 0087 code again. you guys think the ported rail fitting would fix that? that's the only thing left.
Both my rails are ported and I have the race valve, I'm still getting the 009e FPRV code on my LMM....

Did you port both rails? PPEs kit comes with a ported fitting for 1 rail.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
ahh i think we're good now he just stopped by and dan told me to try pulling the return tube off the junction block and see is fuel came out of the block, it did. he said that it's not seating in the block and there might be something under the valve. i'm gonna ge the truck later and take the valve out and check it. hopefully this WILL be the last time.

thankfully the dude is really cool, hell he hasn't even gotten the 4094 on yet and he's talking about a twin kit.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Both my rails are ported and I have the race valve, I'm still getting the 009e FPRV code on my LMM....

Did you port both rails? PPEs kit comes with a ported fitting for 1 rail.

I have both of mine ported to 90 thou i belive

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I think 90 is the PPE one and 60 is what we drill the other, correct?

well when ppe did mine they had forgotten to do the pasanger side so it had to be taken back off and we drilled tht one to 90 thou so mabey the driver side one is 60 thou ? or there both 90 LOL ?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
well when ppe did mine they had forgotten to do the pasanger side so it had to be taken back off and we drilled tht one to 90 thou so mabey the driver side one is 60 thou ? or there both 90 LOL ?

Yea I think the actuall PPE fitting is 60, and drill the pass. side to 90.

DAN?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
PPE driver side is .125 and my pass side is .090, Kyle add the vin to that truck to the vin check area and I will tell you what the repair was.

Last edited: