Question: Good Duramax shop in NoVA/MD?

9mmkungfu

Aug 29, 2011
Northern Virginia
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations as far as Duramax shops in the Northern VA/MD area?

I've got a possible water pump issue and I know they can be banged out in about 2-3 hours by a pro. I'd rather take it to a pro and pay 2-3 hours than try to find time myself at the moment. I've been so busy at work I haven't had any time to fix it. It's been leaky for about 2-3 weeks now and I've given up looking for that free weekend to do it.

Thanks guys!

9mmkungfu

Aug 29, 2011
Northern Virginia
Right after I typed that, I thought about Big Dipper. For some reason, I was thinking he was a transmission-only guy since that's what he's well-known for.

I sent him an email and a text - hopefully I'll hear something back soon. Thanks!

9mmkungfu

Aug 29, 2011
Northern Virginia
I texted, emailed, and called George :D No answer yet and the mailbox was full.

Diesel power I emailed you, going to try and find you on the web now.

Edited: Got a hold of George. Diesel power let me know what you think. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
George is a stand up guy! I have plenty of personnal experience. He will take great care of you. Not to bad mouth diesel power but I just don't have any personally experience with him.

9mmkungfu

Aug 29, 2011
Northern Virginia
Well he asked if I was the same guy that emailed him.. and I said yes. Then I never heard back.

I'll try again tomorrow, maybe. Hoping to get this squared away soon! :thumb:

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
i thought we were going to have time to get your truck fixed but i just got swamped this week with shop work up till about middle of november.

hopefully george can fix you up, let me know. Thanks