goiong to race a zr1 corvette this weekend

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
The ZR1 is flat awesome. It's fast and corners like a slotcar. I drove one at a roadrace school for a couple days and it was more fun than you could imagine. They come with those wide Michelin Pilot tires which hold the road like glue. Even so, rolling in first gear hit it hard and you could break the tires loose anytime. There's enough torque to let the clutch out in first gear without touching the gas pedal. Actually the acceleration felt pretty much like my truck with slicks on it's biggest tune. Those cars do have a traction control thing which gives any driver a perfect 1st gear launch.....supposedly even a novice driver can do low 11's. Unless you have a mid-low 11sec truck, or the Vette driver is completely inept, I'd say he'll get you pretty easy.

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
I think the vets are over rated...Yes there fast..yes there nice...yes i have owned 3 or 4 older ones .... i have 4x4 4inch lift 22.5 dully wheels and jumped up a 09vets azz thru 1st, 2nd, 3rd ,and 1/2 of 4th before he could get back up with me .. yes he won the race by 1 car length.. but you have more hp and less weight than my truck an the guy i was racing knew how to drive.. i say go for his throat..:thumb: im like 496BB when it comes to racing,, i love a good race win loose draw lol its even better when its some idiot bragging

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think the vets are over rated...Yes there fast..yes there nice...yes i have owned 3 or 4 older ones .... i have 4x4 4inch lift 22.5 dully wheels and jumped up a 09vets azz thru 1st, 2nd, 3rd ,and 1/2 of 4th before he could get back up with me .. yes he won the race by 1 car length.. but you have more hp and less weight than my truck an the guy i was racing knew how to drive.. i say go for his throat..:thumb: im like 496BB when it comes to racing,, i love a good race win loose draw lol its even better when its some idiot bragging
Sorry to break the news to you, but on a good day, your truck will run mid 14s. On a bad day, a stock 09 base model Vette will run low 13s. If the race was that close, the guy either didn't know it was a race until the end, or he can't drive for shit.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry to break the news to you, but on a good day, your truck will run mid 14s. On a bad day, a stock 09 base model Vette will run low 13s. If the race was that close, the guy either didn't know it was a race until the end, or he can't drive for shit.

lol:rofl:

Dec 2, 2006
TN

Agreed.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah

You don't understand. The ZR1 isn't an older Vette and it's not a standard Vette. It's a whole different ballgame.

c55asleep

Apr 23, 2009
Miami,Fl

Man what year was the vette.... I raced my buddy from a role and I had a bad start and he had me by about 1/2 a car. It's a 08 and I personally installed a vararam intake and a borla exhaust system. I ran a 12.9 with a bad tranny and I ran him after it got redone.

Brier

Sep 18, 2008
Nova Scotia
Honestly, I hope you get your ass handed to you. Your ignorance amazes me. Diesels really are the ricers of today. :thumbsdown:

Wow. Now there is a refreshing statement if I ever heard one! There is ALWAYS someone faster!! Never forget that. I do take exception to the ricer comment however SSchmi;)

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL

Lol did he know you were racing? Your truck wouldn't come with in a half mile of my vette;)

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Wow I started something :rofl: I race baselines alot an get them in town kinda stuff got a z06 an 06-07 I believe that my buddy owns we might go play around with for some fun if he drives it out one more weekend. But vetted are nice cars for racing an power from the factory

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
on street tires? that i doubt. they're hella fast yes but i dont see them doing 1.65 60's on street tires....and my truck isnt even that fast

but by 3rd you'll probaby be ahead