Going to race a 98 vette.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
He only run the hot tune when pulling. He had limped it numerious time.

Who said I was bragging? Just stating facts.

BTW I just did a few practice runs on 245's on MT wheels and the trans doesn't seem to like them at all. ( I had run 285's pulling this year on loan to me as they were on my rims. Then I went to to 265's, and I thought I would try 245's that came on it. Basically 285's to 245's.)It shifts way late and slow shifts. My cousin seems to be making excuses as to why he doesn't want to run them. I told him, it doesn't matter anyway he's going to have my truck on his lift reguardless.:D

whatever.gif
Just race already
bored.gif

0rion

Sep 29, 2009
Central Ohio
I don't know much about diesel performance but I do know vette's and LSx cars in general. That vette with a decent driver should be low low 13's-high 12's at a track with traction. The headers and intake will help him a little but without a tune he's leaving 20+HP on the table. On the street knock probably half a second off that time.

My personal opinion ( and you know how opinions go) is that there would be no shame losing to him and if anything it's very impressive to me where these trucks are at performance wise.