Going for tens in the zf. (Mission Accomplished!!!)

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I'll admit I wasn't very game to try a triple but he swears by it.
Sounds like a very quality piece and I've personally talked to Dan at sheid 2 years ago. Very real guy.

for a race rig, its a good choice. street driver, not so much. its going to dissappate so much heat as well compared to the a single and dual but everything is thinner as well.

did he say if you could slip it some for boost? or are you just trying to stay away from that all together?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
for a race rig, its a good choice. street driver, not so much. its going to dissappate so much heat as well compared to the a single and dual but everything is thinner as well.

did he say if you could slip it some for boost? or are you just trying to stay away from that all together?

I'm just probably not gonna mess with slipping the clutch. I don't need to at this point.and haven't yet.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Stopped at gts
Doors are about 15 pounds each and 800 for a pair
Front clip about 25 pounds, I picked up an 05 super duty front clip it was super light. He said front clips are about 1350.
Bedsides I think he said 10 to 15 pounds and 800 for a pair.
Front bumper is about 7 pounds, about 225 on price.
And a hood I don't know if I got a weight but that's 450 bucks. He said there about 4 weeks out on orders. Badass dude to talk to.

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
Stopped at gts
Doors are about 15 pounds each and 800 for a pair
Front clip about 25 pounds, I picked up an 05 super duty front clip it was super light. He said front clips are about 1350.
Bedsides I think he said 10 to 15 pounds and 800 for a pair.
Front bumper is about 7 pounds, about 225 on price.
And a hood I don't know if I got a weight but that's 450 bucks. He said there about 4 weeks out on orders. Badass dude to talk to.
I don't care what they say about you, you're alright!

Lol, thanks for the info and price range. That's defiantly a next year project for me. I blew this years budget out of the water on this fresh LBZ motor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I don't care what they say about you, you're alright!

Lol, thanks for the info and price range. That's defiantly a next year project for me. I blew this years budget out of the water on this fresh LBZ motor.

I don't care what they say either lol. I would have had stuff on order today if I had the money amazing for a small shop and 3 guys.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Test hits coming soon, might have tracking on the clutch tomorrow. I hope this street triple from Dan kicks a$$ and takes names like he says it will. That and the slicks should make this thing a bit more competitive.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It doesn't like not launching on the limiter, might have to have mark bump it down.

if the track prep is crap, i wouldnt worry about it. launching a stick is a whole different ball game than an auto. if you really are worried, get a couple different tunes with a couple different limiters on it and see what one works the best.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
if the track prep is crap, i wouldnt worry about it. launching a stick is a whole different ball game than an auto. if you really are worried, get a couple different tunes with a couple different limiters on it and see what one works the best.

That's exactly what I was thinking, 5 tunes 5 different limiters and otherwise all the same.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Pretty sure Dirk pulled a 1.53 60 foot launching in third on radials at full weight and more torque. But his truck was probably better off to start with. Bad part about doing lower limiter tunes is I'll have to switch to the high limiter tune once I launch.

Last edited:

c5fourj

Occasionally moving quick
Dec 20, 2014
Brighton, CO
Pretty sure Dirk pulled a 1.53 60 foot launching in third on radials at full weight and more torque. But his truck was probably better off to start with. Bad part about doing lower limiter tunes is I'll have to switch to the high limiter tune once I launch.

Can Mark put in a limiter on your launch gear and once you get out of the gear bump the limiter back up?

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
It doesn't like not launching on the limiter, might have to have mark bump it down.

Looked like it hopped pretty good. Btw what's the limiter on that build? I have watched the videos at least 10 times, koodos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

the real question is if you can even do that in a DSP file. IIRC the RPM limit is not in each of the DSP files, its just in the base file. you may have to do the BD staging box

EDIT: yup, just looked, its only in the base file. He may be able to create an RPM limit with fuel/timing but might be easier said than done

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
the real question is if you can even do that in a DSP file. IIRC the RPM limit is not in each of the DSP files, its just in the base file. you may have to do the BD staging box

EDIT: yup, just looked, its only in the base file. He may be able to create an RPM limit with fuel/timing but might be easier said than done

Limiter is set at 4400, James the only problem with the bd staging box is 1st I already have one in the truck and it doesn't work off of the tach signal like advertised. They said the tach signal on a duramax is to fast for the box to read. They suggested using the boost setting which does my manual transmission no good. 2nd problem is the box limits throttle position so if it did work it would hold at an rpm smoothly and not bounce like marks limiter. Marks limiter bouncing acts like a 2 step and builds boost which this setup needs to launch without a slip clutch launch.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Limiter is set at 4400, James the only problem with the bd staging box is 1st I already have one in the truck and it doesn't work off of the tach signal like advertised. They said the tach signal on a duramax is to fast for the box to read. They suggested using the boost setting which does my manual transmission no good. 2nd problem is the box limits throttle position so if it did work it would hold at an rpm smoothly and not bounce like marks limiter. Marks limiter bouncing acts like a 2 step and builds boost which this setup needs to launch without a slip clutch launch.

well shit...

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007

If you set the throttle position to say 60% with the limiter, then use "throttle base injection quantity" to make a limiter at 4400. If you enter say 120 mm3 at 50-70% throttle position at or slightly below your desired launch RPM, then enter 0 mm3 on the next column of RPMs on the same 50-70% throttle position rows it will bounce like you want.

You can change how violent or aggressive it bounces by varying the the column where I said to enter 120mm3 by either lowering or raising the mm3 in that column.

So for example, if you entered 50mm3 in the 4400 rpm column, and 0 in the 4600 RPM column it may not bounce at all, but enter something high like 120 or even 200 in that column and it's going to get more and more aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
02f0fed40c16696fc0d6cd0fa5f73ada.jpg

Like this. And the reason I use the 50, 60, and 70% rows is because he BD limiter isn't exact. When set to 60% it will vary a little every time you press and release the accelerator. By changing all 3 percent rows you guarantee it will remain consistent. And it won't make any difference once you leave the line as it will go to 100% as soon as you release the brake.

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
02f0fed40c16696fc0d6cd0fa5f73ada.jpg

Like this. And the reason I use the 50, 60, and 70% rows is because he BD limiter isn't exact. When set to 60% it will vary a little every time you press and release the accelerator. By changing all 3 percent rows you guarantee it will remain consistent. And it won't make any difference once you leave the line as it will go to 100% as soon as you release the brake.

What table is that? And I take it you are using this with the BD limiter?