Going for tens in the zf. (Mission Accomplished!!!)

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
So as most of you know I set out to break the manual trans record. I thought I would be, not content but at least a small bit content with having reached my goal. But as we all know what really happens is my goal instantly changed when I seen my 11.28 time slip with 126 trap speed and a crappy 1.85 60 foot.

The new goal is more weight reduction, tweaks to my setup. And some 28x10x16 #hoosier slicks in pyos. Which I already have and mounted up. Im hopung tl hit a 10.xx pass at st Louis street car takeover. And maybe do some roll racing, this thing was born to roll race lol. Should be going plexy on the side Windows and rear window. 6 point cage to nhra spec, the slicks and pyos alone will drop me 104 pounds, but I'm adding a cage so I'm trying to be sub 5k with no driver with the cage. This is how she sits now.

picture.php

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
dropping 104lbs of rotational and unsprung weight is WAY better than taking it off sprung weight so dont think adding the cage will negate the drop in unsprung weight.

looking forward to see this thing in action with some vids!

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
dropping 104lbs of rotational and unsprung weight is WAY better than taking it off sprung weight so dont think adding the cage will negate the drop in unsprung weight.

looking forward to see this thing in action with some vids!

Thats true, i haven't tested the slicks yet but I think there definitely gonna help once I figue out the caltrac with this setup.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
for sure, they will probably help just as it was from the previous time.

Yeah that's the most major change, small tweaks to get my iat down. And some more weight reduction. I was worried hooking good the truck would bog harder so I went with the 28 inch tall slicks which are like 2.5 inches shorter than the toyos.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah that's the most major change, small tweaks to get my iat down. And some more weight reduction. I was worried hooking good the truck would bog harder so I went with the 28 inch tall slicks which are like 2.5 inches shorter than the toyos.

maybe you can bump up a gear on your start then. i wouldnt be too worried as long as you are getting over the 10psi mark.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
maybe you can bump up a gear on your start then. i wouldnt be too worried as long as you are getting over the 10psi mark.

Yeah the only 2 runs that it bogged the guy running the tree didn't give me alot of time on the rev limiter "thinking he was doing me a favor lol" so it left at like 4 or 5 pounds and bogged. Was getting to 12 pounds and it was a pretty warm day. Will probably be better in September.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I want to do a 10.xx on this setup and see what a 1:10 exhaust housing will do for me after, if it doesn't bog with the bigger exhaust housing and opens up some top end I will do even better.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
You drive the 6 speed like a 5 speed because you don't use low gear. So of the 5 gears I use I start in second gear, so I only shift 3 times and end up in 6th gear on the third shift.