GMC vs Chevy

ridehard

Apr 25, 2015
I think it's the other way around, anyone that buys a GMC because it is a more "premium" brand is blind.

If you buy the GMC because you like the way it looks vs the CHEVY then I can understand. I really like the looks of the Yukon vs the Tahoe for 2015. The previous model (07-14) the Tahoe looks much better from the front so that's what we bought.

In my previous posts I hope you caught the sarcasm, either way CHEVY is better!

The brand may not be a premium brand but for example the Denali would be a premium trim in my opinion.

Maybe Lincoln and ford is a better example than Lexus and Toyota.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
The brand may not be a premium brand but for example the Denali would be a premium trim in my opinion.

Maybe Lincoln and ford is a better example than Lexus and Toyota.

Lol
That's a perfect analogy...I did the really cool internet thing to do and made a personal reference to a specific conversation I was part of that "blew up" over that "toyata-lexus" comment...itd be like saying an inside joke between 5 teenagers and expecting y'all to get it

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Other than the corvette, off the top of my head I cant think of a model GMC doesnt match that Chevrolet produces...while GMC has had a few, like the Syclone and Typhoon that Chevrolet DIDN't offer...but that's kinda GMs thing...it seems to compete with itself, I've always thought it was weird, but it seems like Chevrolet gets the bulk of the platforms used...just my lamen observation...

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
It just gives Ford the right to say they are the best selling truck when really they are not :roflmao:
There was a time when there was some fundamental differences in the early years GMC offered bigger and more industrial power with bigger and more powerful options.
The same industrial V6 Mike L had such bad luck with was also offered as a diesel (the Toroflow) and as a V12 in the gas powered heavy commercial lineup. In 1955 when the small block came out and could be had in the Chevy trucks the GMC used a Pontiac for a V8 option.
Today they are ultimately the same truck with settle styling cue differences.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
What is your point? The engine was garbage.

Not really, neighbors across the street where I grew up had one that most of us neighborhood guys drove for around 10 years. (around 15 of us neighborhood thugs) I drove it many a times unlicensed as 13 year old, slower than molasses but it just kept going.....

southco

Aug 29, 2014
GMC or Chevy, they are both good. GMC I thought used to offer a few more options and with the SUVs I guess still do. You can only get the 6.2 in a Yukon Denali and not in the Tahoe.

Last edited:

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
I used to think of the difference based of the trim levels and options. These days they both offer too many (options)
I don't need a pickup truck to tell me when I'm spinning the tires much less a vibrating butt if I'm over the white or yellow.

That being said, a quiet cabin and large towing capacity is nice. But what do I know, I'm still content with regular cabs and one even has a third pedal.

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
The Cadillac/Buick dealership sells the GMC as a "gentleman's truck" The Chevrolet dealership sells "Chevy work trucks". Neither place has a clue as to how to repair them. Mechanically, they are the same truck. People who say a GMC is a Chevy are just trying to yank your chain....

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
I used to think of the difference based of the trim levels and options. These days they both offer too many (options)
I don't need a pickup truck to tell me when I'm spinning the tires much less a vibrating butt if I'm over the white or yellow.

That being said, a quiet cabin and large towing capacity is nice. But what do I know, I'm still content with regular cabs and one even has a third pedal.

They definitely have too many options nowadays just more things to go wrong if you keep them long term.

Sometimes it's a good thing though, today my wife's Tahoe said low oil, add engine oil. She would have driven it till it started knocking if it wasn't for that warning.

mechman3

no such thing as too fast
Jan 7, 2015
Saratoga Springs, Utah
OK I thought I would weigh in on this subject. I currently have 2 - 2005 CCLB's. One is a Chevy the other is a GMC. They are identical interiors. Minor exterior differences. The major difference is the Chevy is a 2500HD while the GMC is a 3500. I have also owned a 2004 Chevy LLY CCSB. The biggest difference I saw or should say feel is the GMC does ride smotther and it is a 1-ton. At first I thought it was me. However, my wife made a comment about the ride and knew that was different. The ride difference I believe is mostly in the shock but do not have anything to state that is the case. The fact is I like both trucks

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Are you gonna follow Bri's lead now?
Bout time you came outta da closet Steve:roflmao: