Getting old ain't for pussies.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
:D

Well, I've trashed my divinely donated container for a long time now, so paybacks are probably long overdue. Appears I've acquired asthma, and perhaps diabetes, among other things.

So I have to quit smoking and drinking. For good. :mad:

I apologize in advance for the prick I shall surely become until I get re-educated. I had quit smoking and drinking for 9 years back in the 1990's, so I pretty much know how much fun I'm going to be around for the next few months.

Heck, cigarettes are too expensive anyhow, and I hate giving the government money that they don't deserve. So that is really not giving up much.

But I shall miss my beer and tequila ... :(

Just another tricky day for you to handle my friend.:hug: Love ya.:D

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
:hug: Wish ya the best bud! You can do it! Hope Ken is right, i dunno if i myself could quit drinking entirelly:( Not that i drink much, honestly;) I dont care much for beein drunk anymore:thumb:

Im alergic to cig smoke and ahsmatic. My dad has diabetes too, sure ill get it some day. He kicked smoking a long time ago, on night went and bought every brand of ciggs he could, even nasty ones and smoked them, so sick the next day, never wanted another again:spit:

duramaxxx06

Aug 11, 2009
jasper tn
X3 on the chantex , it worked good but Damn , the dreams i had on that stuff was crazy :baby:
lol

probably not a bad thing though pat. just found out today my father in law has cancer AND liver disease. im for dam sure its not an easy thing as i watched my mom quit cold turkey overnight after 50 years of smoking. best of luck!

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Hang tuff Pat you will be ok. 5 years down for me on the smoking. It took awhile, but I decided that I preferred breathing. Your blood sugar may adjust itself when you quit smoking. Good luck.

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
X3 on the chantex , it worked good but Damn , the dreams i had on that stuff was crazy :baby:

And I thought it was just me....:D

I dreamed that I climbed a hill with my truck and rolled it backwards end over end. I never take my truck off the road :eek:.

But the benefits outweigh a few silly dreams.

Good Luck again Pat

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Good luck Pat, Cold turkey on the smokes and moderately cut back on the booze, maybe see if the doc might ok a beer per nite, supposedely good for the heart :)

mmangels22

Monty Python Rules.
Feb 12, 2009
San Jose, CA
I quit smoking 4 years ago, developed asthma from it. Its one of the best decisions I have ever made, don't ever regret one day. My regret is that I started.

My step dad just had a heart attack about a month ago. He was a borderline alcoholic and 4 pack a day smoker. He ate ok but not super healthy. He's 65. He has now quit smoking and drinking, takes a bit of that ol' fashioned ass kick to get you revved up to make a significant change in your life and when you get it be GAWD DANG THANKFUL because it could be the last time for you ;)

Last edited: