LLY: Fuel system re-routing and fittings

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
I have the truck down for a while making a bunch of repairs, one of them is straightening out my fuel lines and adding a fuel/water separater and filter under the truck, and eliminating the filter under the hood which right now is just a cat spin on.

I am running just a fass adjustable lift pump, and the hose loop around as you disconnect the hose at the hard metal line in the frame and use it to feed the lift pump and the pump to engine

I am having a hell of a time finding a metal 1/2'' qd to 1/2 push lock fitting, only thing I've found so far is the fass P/N of QD-1002, only seems one place on the internet has it, I'm going to call Fass tomorrow and see if they will sell them separate. I've seen some plastic ones from vulcan, but id like to avoid plastic.

where do you guys get your 1/2 push lock fittings/adapters? my local shop has a bunch but not to the quick disconnect, I've included pics to show what i have going on.

the filter setup will be between the fuel cooler and cross member. I am thinking to hook the pump direct to the outlet on the tank, from the pump to the filter setup, from there 1/2'' push lock hose to the engine connection on the drivers side, with the right adapter I'm in search of. Its probably overkill for my application, but I'm trying to avoid hoses everywhere and looping around

Attachments

• sending unit.jpg
    sending unit.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 75
  • filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 69
  • pump 1.jpg
    pump 1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 57
  • pump 2.jpg
    pump 2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 50
  • fuel lines.jpg
    fuel lines.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 55

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
figured id follow up on this, i got it all cleaned up, filter bracket i made mounted and plumbed to the engine, i deleted the factory fuel filter and have just looped 1/2 hose from the bottom of the FICM to the feed line by the test port.

added a pic of the QD-1002 from fass

i have a 1/2'' pushlock fitting with a 1/8npt fitting between the bottom of the FICM and the hard line by the test port with a 1/8 npt MxFxF Tee with a vent and the sensor for my gauge

may have to enlarge the return side/re do some of the plumbing on the return side, waiting for S&S to get back to me, i have also been reading up on how restrictive the fuel cooler is, so we will see on that

Attachments

• fitting.jpg
    fitting.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 33
  • fuel1.jpg
    fuel1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 39
  • fuel2.jpg
    fuel2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 35
  • fuel3.jpg
    fuel3.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 38

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Looks good:thumb:
Side note I've had those push locks weep when cold, below 30° or until fuel warmed up to warm everything else up.. I can't remember where you're at