Fuel rail pressure to high

Callen.300

Sep 1, 2015
I have a 2011 2500 and it keeps throwing the code for the fuel rail pressure to high.i have replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor. And it still throws the code. It take 1hr or it might take 5days any advice for this

HS-MotorsportsZane

Oct 31, 2013
Check the fuel rail pressure relief valve located in the front of the drivers side fuel rail. There is a little screen on the end of it and it does not take much to plug it up and piss off the truck. Most the time you can clean them and re-install, sometimes they have to be replaced.....that's where I would start. Hope that helps.

Callen.300

Sep 1, 2015
Thank you HS-MOTORSPORT I will check into that. This has been going on months and I need to get it figured out

Callen.300

Sep 1, 2015
Please help the new guy

I have a 2011 2500hd, I recently Changed the fuel pressure sensor because it was throwing a P0088 code fuel pressure to high. It still throughs the code, sometimes it will go a week sometimes a day if that. Would installing a tuner help with this buy adjusting the limits on the fuel pressure sensor or am I just grasping at straws here? I am new to the diesel world ( 2 months) I haven't been able to any mods to my truck since I have been chasing other problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I assume it's under factory warranty. So why are you changing things?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

christopherglenn

Aug 26, 2012
A tuner won't help things - you have hard parts not working correctly. In stock form the computer see's the pressure to high, and lowers it. Tuned the same, just different (usually higher) pressure.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
Check the fuel rail pressure relief valve located in the front of the drivers side fuel rail. There is a little screen on the end of it and it does not take much to plug it up and piss off the truck. Most the time you can clean them and re-install, sometimes they have to be replaced.....that's where I would start. Hope that helps.

Did you try this yet?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Please don't start multiple threads for the same problem.

Callen.300

Sep 1, 2015
Not yet I plan on doing that this weekend. I was discussing this with a guy and he said it could be fixed with a tuner. I wasn't sure if that info was correct so I thought I would check on here for a second opinion before I spent the money on one.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You can mask things with a tune. Doesn't mean it's fixed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TheMyth

YouDontSeeMe
Aug 21, 2012
Not to jack the thread but I'm getting the same codes on mine with a horrible lope at idle with 20k psi. Inspected the wires and one was melted showing wire. If it shorted the fpr would replacing it fix the issue? Really don't want to spend 200 only to have same issue.