Fuel lab pump installed

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
190 GPH @ 45 psi 12

AN inlet 10 AN out with a 8 micron filter and the pressure regulator

Hope this pump works as good as it looks:D Dale thought Abby should test it out for him:thumb:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 365
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 365
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Looks good. Almost reminds me of the Aeromotive A1000. Are the pumps rated for diesel fuel use Simon?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Simon , that is a thing of bueaty ! You have a small fortune in that truck in just plumbing , and i love it :cool2:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
It's whisper quiet! And will flow way more than 200gph at 20 psi:D and yes it is rated for diesel and is a flow thru pump

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
If you don't mind us asking, where did you get it from and about how much was the setup (pump, filter & regulator).

There is a member on here that is a dealer for them his name is Lonnie
I know he sells them.

If your looking at high volume pumps this is a nice option i was doing some research and for the price i thought it was fair.

its light and quiet and tons of options as you can run this pump VIA boost;)

I dont want to say to much untill I actually test it but if it works as well as i think it will......:happy2:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I have been thinking about this pump since you and Dale first started posting about it. I was actually just looking at them a couple of days ago when I saw your filter part number post. My TTS pumps just can't keep up with 2 CP3s. My rail pressure hasn't suffered yet, but if I really turn it up, I'm sure it will. Besides that, you can never have enough lift pump supply, can you? :D

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I bought the pump from some shop in Arizona.
If you can't get ahold of Lonnie, then go to www.fuelab.com and they have a list on their site of retailers.

This pump is similar to the Aeromotive AFAIK. I wanted something different that is more reliable and easier to work with than a Mitusa and puts out more than a FASS or Airdog.

We should know in the next few weeks hopefully how well it will work, but I think it will be fine.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Oh and in case anyone was wondering how big it is, the pump is the same size as a tallboy beer can, and the filter is close to the same-just a little longer.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I have been thinking about this pump since you and Dale first started posting about it. I was actually just looking at them a couple of days ago when I saw your filter part number post. My TTS pumps just can't keep up with 2 CP3s. My rail pressure hasn't suffered yet, but if I really turn it up, I'm sure it will. Besides that, you can never have enough lift pump supply, can you? :D

Josh it was shane at wicked diesel that got me first thinking about bigger pumps, I then talked to a few engineers at Bosch and they said the same thing is that if you run big fuel you ar best to run big pre charge to the cp3 to compensate for big fuel! Granted many people. Have run without that it still doesn't make it right. I love the fact that you can run this pump off of our boost voltage or just use it as a low press or high press or both

I like the KD/ TTS for a dd but honestly after seeing what 2 cp3 does to them you need better for the cost .... Tomac runs KD pump with a Fass on a wot switch that's 3 pumps to do what this pump should do as. 1

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
So this sounds like it really has no place on truck that doesn't need a bunch of fuel. If you have dual CP3's and run injectors this would be a good pump to use. If you don't have that stuff, then I guess it's alittle much for the application?

I ask this because I need a LP and was starting to explore some options. Without doing any research, I would assume the cost is greater than simply buying an Air Dog? I don't have the need for some super crazy flowing fuel pump. On the other hand if I can run the pump by boost, is it worth the cost? Like I said before, I am assuming the cost is more than an over the counter LP.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
This pump has adjustable speeds. Hi/Low and supposedly a variable control although I haven't figured out how to wire it up yet. I want to pail test it on low just to see what it puts out on low.

I think it would be fine for any truck though. If it's around the 100 to 160 gp/h mark I'm going to buy another one for my truck.

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
So this sounds like it really has no place on truck that doesn't need a bunch of fuel. If you have dual CP3's and run injectors this would be a good pump to use. If you don't have that stuff, then I guess it's alittle much for the application?

I ask this because I need a LP and was starting to explore some options. Without doing any research, I would assume the cost is greater than simply buying an Air Dog? I don't have the need for some super crazy flowing fuel pump. On the other hand if I can run the pump by boost, is it worth the cost? Like I said before, I am assuming the cost is more than an over the counter LP.

Use it on the reduced speed and set the regulator for what ever you. Want for pressure

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I just looked at that, I'm loving the PWM speed control. They say a PWM signal between 0-20% shuts the pump off. If so, a fuel pressure sensor + a CPU = pressure regulator, no return line needed. Might have to build one for my truck...