Fuel injector knock

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Well in that case, do you know of a reputable place to order fuel injectors?
I do. I am one of the few vendors on this forum. Myself and the others would be happy to help.

I can get you anything from OEM to oversized aftermarket injectors. I'd be happy to go over options with you or shoot you a price on some stock injectors if that's what you're after.

We offer genuine Bosch, Dynomite Diesel, Exergy, S&S, and Flux. We do carry a few other brands but I would not recommend their injectors over those options listed.

bimmer95

Mar 16, 2019
Morgantown Pennsylvania
I don't think I would be buying a set of new injectors based on your symptoms. It could be injectors but could easily be something else. Also I'll be the odd ball and vouch for lincoln diesel. I've bought many sets of injectors from them and haven't had issues. Seems pretty convenient for someone to tell you that your injectors are bad then offer to sell you a set.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I don't think I would be buying a set of new injectors based on your symptoms. It could be injectors but could easily be something else. Also I'll be the odd ball and vouch for lincoln diesel. I've bought many sets of injectors from them and haven't had issues. Seems pretty convenient for someone to tell you that your injectors are bad then offer to sell you a set.

Then what is his problem?

Also you can ask around everyone will tell you Lincoln diesel went to shit and they also give you the run around for warranty.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal

Ok. What else can it be? If you are convinced that it's not injectors then please tell us what it is. There is little if anything that will pull the main rate down as far as it has gone without it being injectors or tuning. If it's not tuning then it's....

And when's the last time you purchased injectors from LD? From what we can see it looks like a 50/50 shot of getting duds from them. Maybe you got lucky and the OP dod not.

And as far as Brad goes, he wasn't the first one to say bad injectors. Infact he was pretty neutral on it. Just giving the known issues with LD injectors

Reactions: Bdsankey

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I don't think I would be buying a set of new injectors based on your symptoms. It could be injectors but could easily be something else.
What else? Like others have said, there is really nothing else that drags main rate down that far beyond failing injectrors. You come in sounding like the messiah but have yet to even offer a sliver of help on this post.

Also I'll be the odd ball and vouch for lincoln diesel. I've bought many sets of injectors from them and haven't had issues.
If they're working for you that's great. Their reputation locally as well as nation wide speaks for itself. Ever since they got cut off from S&S their quality took a major nose dive.

Seems pretty convenient for someone to tell you that your injectors are bad then offer to sell you a set.

I'd suggest you take that BS elsewhere if you're referencing me.

Look at my comments........... I did not offer to sell him a set until he asked where he could buy known good quality bosch injectors. I could care less who you prefer to buy parts from but implying I'm improperly diagnosing an issue simply to sell parts is a bold ass claim.

bimmer95

Mar 16, 2019
Morgantown Pennsylvania
There's 2 kinds of people that work on trucks, parts changers and mechanics. Problem like this needs to be diagnosed hands on and not by some keyboard warrior. And excuse me,you don't need to bite my head off because I'm pointing this out. Could easily be rail pressure problem or sensor related.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
There's 2 kinds of people that work on trucks, parts changers and mechanics. Problem like this needs to be diagnosed hands on and not by some keyboard warrior. And excuse me,you don't need to bite my head off because I'm pointing this out. Could easily be rail pressure problem or sensor related.

Incorrect

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

I stand by my statement. You’re currently talking out of your ass thinking my goal is to swindle people.

These are all CLASSIC signs of injector failure, everything points to it.

So now that you’re engaged in the conversation, what’s the next steps you want the OP to take? You’ve yet again offered zero diagnostic assistance. The ECM will account for rail fluctuations. If it was a sensor issue we’d also see other symptoms beyond knock/low main rate etc.

Reactions: 2004LB7

bimmer95

Mar 16, 2019
Morgantown Pennsylvania
Well first of all, I'm not 100 percent convinced it is fuel related. I would be double checking maf and map readings and making sure it's not some version of a maf limp mode. Then take it on a drive and check rail pressure actual vs desired and reg ma. Then based on that maybe do an injector return test. I'm not saying it isn't injectors but I don't think it smart to be that confident that it's injectors with the information that the op gave and never having laid a finger on the actual truck. I guess it's always fun playing with someone else's money.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Well first of all, I'm not 100 percent convinced it is fuel related. I would be double checking maf and map readings and making sure it's not some version of a maf limp mode. Then take it on a drive and check rail pressure actual vs desired and reg ma. Then based on that maybe do an injector return test. I'm not saying it isn't injectors but I don't think it smart to be that confident that it's injectors with the information that the op gave and never having laid a finger on the actual truck. I guess it's always fun playing with someone else's money.

All those items you listed won't cause the OP's issues without other obvious problems accompanying it. Unless new information is given, the current information points to injectors.

We are not guessing here. This is from years of experience seeing these same symptoms and resolutions

It's not too different then one asking what's 2 + 2? And we say 4. But you come in and say: but there might be other numbers. And what if that "+" sign is rotated 45° and it's actually a "X". Some truck problems are certainly like this but this one is a well known problem

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal

Yeah no. You can disconnect maf, map, and any other sensor you can think of. The truck will still run and have a low main rate. A low main rate means the truck is getting too much fuel. So how is this issue not fuel related?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Problem like this needs to be diagnosed hands on and not by some keyboard warrior.

I 100% agree but there’s no reason to act like everyone here is trying to just throw injectors at the cause to make a vendor sale. Instead of making insinuations, let’s add facts or suggestions or questions related to the OP’s issues. So far, you don’t have much.

It’s possible he could have an engine related issue like a bent rod, washed cylinder, or something else like that based on the fuel info and knocking noise he states.

Compression test might not be a bad thing just to verify.

Reactions: TheBac and 2004LB7

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Yeah no. You can disconnect maf, map, and any other sensor you can think of. The truck will still run and have a low main rate. A low main rate means the truck is getting too much fuel. So how is this issue not fuel related?
Plus this will cause obvious codes pointing to the missing sensor

bimmer95

Mar 16, 2019
Morgantown Pennsylvania
All those items you listed won't cause the OP's issues without other obvious problems accompanying it. Unless new information is given, the current information points to injectors.

We are not guessing here. This is from years of experience seeing these same symptoms and resolutions

It's not too different then one asking what's 2 + 2? And we say 4. But you come in and say: but there might be other numbers. And what if that "+" sign is rotated 45° and it's actually a "X". Some truck problems are certainly like this but this one is a well known problem
Don't do the whole 'years of experience' things. Lots of people have that and still get things wrong.

bimmer95

Mar 16, 2019
Morgantown Pennsylvania
But why you so convinced the low main rate is the original problem? If you disconnect maf map and any other sensor you can think of, truck will very likely run like shit, which is what its doing apparently.

bimmer95

Mar 16, 2019
Morgantown Pennsylvania
I got no skin in the game here. If the op wants to change injectors he can do that. What I said was for his benefit. The rest of you, far be it from me to even assume that there's something left to learn in the low power lly department.