Front end noise...going crazy

TomHuskey

Jun 19, 2010
Got my Timken wheel bearings on order, but in the meantime I've got the 'Service Brake System' message on my DIC. Are these possibly related?

I'll also check u-joints. How exactly do you do that?:confused:

TomHuskey

Jun 19, 2010
Success! :woott: Jacked up the truck, tugged on the left front tire, tons of movement. Changed out the hub assembly in no time with the help of McRats write up (thanks!). Rides smooth as new again. Didn't have time for the second one, but will do it soon. Thanks for all the feedback, it helped a ton.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Got my Timken wheel bearings on order, but in the meantime I've got the 'Service Brake System' message on my DIC. Are these possibly related?
I'll also check u-joints. How exactly do you do that?:confused:

yes

Success! :woott: Jacked up the truck, tugged on the left front tire, tons of movement. Changed out the hub assembly in no time with the help of McRats write up (thanks!). Rides smooth as new again. Didn't have time for the second one, but will do it soon. Thanks for all the feedback, it helped a ton.

Jack up the otherside and if its tight, dont replace it yet unless you really feel as if you need too. i had one go at 90k and my other lasted till 160k, all runnin 37s and nasty off road abuse.

TomHuskey

Jun 19, 2010
Jack up the otherside and if its tight, dont replace it yet unless you really feel as if you need too. i had one go at 90k and my other lasted till 160k, all runnin 37s and nasty off road abuse.

Jacked up the other side and tried it. Good and tight, think I will hold off on that one ;) Thanks.