Freaking ISPs. Check your internet bill!

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
New ISP is here

Re-test with the new ISP (it's DigitalPath, don't know why it shows as Sprint):

That's pretty close to the 6/1 we are paying for, and a heck of a lot better than the 1.5/1.5 we used to have. Plus, it works on weekends now, and with a ping low enough I can play FPS again :D

Although, nothing close to the FIOS ripmf666 tested, yikes! Man, if I could get that... *jealous*

To make myself feel better, I installed SpeedTest on my server and ran that. 375.4Mb/s down, and 166.0Mb/s up. If only, if only :eek:
attachment.php

Attachments

• DAVe-Server-2 Speedtest.png
    DAVe-Server-2 Speedtest.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Re-test with the new ISP (it's DigitalPath, don't know why it shows as Sprint):

That's pretty close to the 6/1 we are paying for, and a heck of a lot better than the 1.5/1.5 we used to have. Plus, it works on weekends now, and with a ping low enough I can play FPS again :D

Although, nothing close to the FIOS ripmf666 tested, yikes! Man, if I could get that... *jealous*

To make myself feel better, I installed SpeedTest on my server and ran that. 365.4Mb/s down, and 160.9Mb/s up. If only, if only :eek:
attachment.php

Wish I could bring that FIOS back to Kansas lol. I wish I could run a speed test on the computer at work there T1 at the plant .

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa

I pay for up to 25/25, 5 HD, and 3 sd tvs with almost all the channels hbo/shotime/skinamax/starz/encore, plus 1 phone line with unlimited nationwide calling for $60 more than I used to pay, and I used to hate Verizon.
My previous tv and internet I had 84 sd channels and up to 12/1.5(more like 1.5/.7) internet.
It would be faster but with all the hardware on it right now im happy.

Dec 2, 2006
TN

I pay for up to 25/25, 5 HD, and 3 sd tvs with almost all the channels hbo/shotime/skinamax/starz/encore, plus 1 phone line with unlimited nationwide calling for $60 more than I used to pay, and I used to hate Verizon.
My previous tv and internet I had 84 sd channels and up to 12/1.5(more like 1.5/.7) internet.
It would be faster but with all the hardware on it right now im happy.

What does that cost you a month? I pay $50 for 15 D/ 5 UP.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
f-in hughes net. Like $60 per month and......

were working on become a wireless host for our area, meaning ultra fast internet, and free. However the people who set this up are very hard to contact.

Our IT guy hates our internet with a passion, and as you can see its insanely slow, but still better than dial up.