Forums vs Social Media

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I moved the posts concerning social media/facebook into their own thread. No sense mucking up Fleece's vendor area with it.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone from Fleece is ever on this forum anymore.

Sadly, thats true for the majority of our vendors. Its too bad, too.

Last edited:

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Chad Hall made a post the other day on FB explaining the transition of the industry from only forums to meets to now being all over social media 24/7 and having several different FB pages for Duramaxs. I saw where Vinny mentioned how the true forums are so dead nowadays and after I read that, come to think about it he's right, and it's sad. Not only has social media made the industry grow and made a lot of businesses successful but it also came with a bunch of spoiled ass kids that don't respect where or how it all started.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
What I really hate, if there is actual good info floating around bookface, it gets buried and never find it again. Not like the search function here. People ask the same dumbass questions over and over again also. Sucks really. My truck would not be what it is without this forum, if all I had was social media to get info from, I'd probably have alot more money lol

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Funny how they have time to endlessly post on social media but they can't take care of customers who already paid.

The only thing I see on social media concerning the Duramax is Barbie accessories, gay ass halo LED's, stacks and rollin coal. I have gotten nothing good from it the only good info I've came across is on this particular site.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
You should try moderating that clown show that is a Duramax based facebook group with 50k+ members and 1k+ new member requests every day....:violent::beatdeadhorse::banging::poop:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I stay far away from most everything on Facebook, esp things Dmax-related. IMO, there is absolutely nothing of substance found in any of those pages. Same with Instagram and Twitter. Nothing. I must be old, b/c I just dont understand the whole "broadcasting everything in your life" deal.

That still doesnt excuse the fact that most of our vendors ignore this forum now, yet part of their agreement was to help drive topics, give info/advice and be the backbone of the forum.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
You should try moderating that clown show that is a Duramax based facebook group with 50k+ members and 1k+ new member requests every day....:violent::beatdeadhorse::banging::poop:

strictly duramax? when my friend first started that it was great now its just full of morons asking what size tires they can fit and the daily who's the best tuner post....

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
strictly duramax? when my friend first started that it was great now its just full of morons asking what size tires they can fit and the daily who's the best tuner post....

no its the "duramax diesel forum" page. levi, jake and a few others mod it. i want nothing to do with that page or really much of any other page. even our local arizona diesel club page has morons in it though they get shut down pretty damn fast lol

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
It's definitely ALOT different thanks to social media haha

Yellowchevy

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Facebook - Axis Design & Fabrication, Pinterest - Axis Design, Instagram - axisdesginandfab,
twitter - AxisDesignandFab
What's a turbo...:D

Yep.....:hug:

Here it is proven again to me that I don't need a bookface and never will

It does have some pluses to it, considered it for 5 years and finally caved to keep in touch with relatives to let them know I'm not dead yet .....:woott:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I have been added to some diesel groups, and I always remove myself because it is just a bunch of garbage. I cannot understand why anyone would think that is the best way to gather or distribute information. I can see it being helpful for a vendor to get their info out in front of the public, but for an enthusiast to discuss a topic, it doesn't make sense to me.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I stay far away from most everything on Facebook, esp things Dmax-related. IMO, there is absolutely nothing of substance found in any of those pages. Same with Instagram and Twitter. Nothing. I must be old, b/c I just dont understand the whole "broadcasting everything in your life" deal.

That still doesnt excuse the fact that most of our vendors ignore this forum now, yet part of their agreement was to help drive topics, give info/advice and be the backbone of the forum.

It's not a old thing.

I'm 29 and refuse to use Facebook. Causes way too many issues. LOL

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
It's not a old thing.

I'm 29 and refuse to use Facebook. Causes way too many issues. LOL

Same here.

OMG it snowed! OMG it took 20 bucks to fill up my Yaris! OMG can you believe billy is talking to his female neighbor!?? Dude, check out my huge muscles, they're so big but yet I can't even pull a set of slips. **** Facebook.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Same here.

OMG it snowed! OMG it took 20 bucks to fill up my Yaris! OMG can you believe billy is talking to his female neighbor!?? Dude, check out my huge muscles, they're so big but yet I can't even pull a set of slips. **** Facebook.
:roflmao:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Same here.

You should ck out my Glutes Reger:D

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Facebook has done wonders for Dan's Diesel's HAHA :rofl::rofl::roflmao::roflmao:

The thing that kills me is all people do is say "buy this thing its awesome". Not the most important thing of "What do you use your pickup for or What are your goals?". Those are the firsts things I ask people. There's no way I'm going to sell something to someone that doesn't need it with what they use the pickup for or goals they have.

Yellowchevy