First Pass down the track.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Sounded great. Track looked better than I expected. Are tracks normally that good/tight up there?!?!

It was sorta hard to tell in the video but the front tires seem fully inflated. That surely isn't the case is it?

I'm surprised you have so much front end lift with a "tube chassis" truck.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Sounded great. Track looked better than I expected. Are tracks normally that good/tight up there?!?!

It was sorta hard to tell in the video but the front tires seem fully inflated. That surely isn't the case is it?

I'm surprised you have so much front end lift with a "tube chassis" truck.

There's way to much air in my front tires, good eye. To be honest that's the 5 th time down the track. First pass was great, second time I couldn't get the turbo to light (driver error), 3rd time ecm cut the fuel off at 150 ft, 4th time 12" flame out stack at 250ft so I let off and now the video you just watched. We haven't really been worried about air pressures and such as we've just been wanting to make a good pass. I'm also 200 lbs light on the front end so that will help a bit more also. It's not a tube chassis, my rules state stock frame rails and so do PPL for 3.0. Most of our tracks are very loose, that track couldn't have been any harder. I'm also the only guy in our class running dot tires since the rules changed to cuts last fall.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I think its awesome dave. I wasn't aiming to knock it in any way. Just observations. Its obviously making power & seems to be, as best I can tell, running good now. Total envy from my seat bud. :thumb:

I remembered that you still incorporated the oem chassis. :)

Some folks have commented that DOT tires have MORE hook in them than cuts but they also apparently load & unload more than cuts due to the internal construction. Are you seeing anything like that?

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I know your not knocking me Mitch. It's been a pretty big learning curve for me and I can't day about the dots yet as everything still seems new to me. That last pass was the first time I actually felt kinda comfortable behind the wheel. It's quite the rush and I'm enjoying all of it as we're moving in the right direction.