First Pass down the track.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
It wasn't that seemless. I tried twice before that to light the turbo and proceeded to pull off the track. Had a buddy come over and yell at me and said I was a ***** so I took it around again. This time I forgot to turn my water2air on so the turbo actually lit. Said oh crap about 3/4 track and flipped it on. With the cooler being so big with 11/2" lines I'm thinking I can never light the turbo while I'm pumping water. Also only had 23k of rail pressure so Mark pointed me in the right direction to fix that and HSP and exergy are helping me out on new stroker pumps. It's sure an incredible feeling to feel it light for the first time.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Went 306' and was as smooth as could be so Joe's a little smarter then he looks. I think Joe was more excited then I was after the pull.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
damn that looked good! you gotta be pretty happy dave to finally be driving her again after all the headaches.

i love the new exhaust note!!

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
It wasn't that seemless. I tried twice before that to light the turbo and proceeded to pull off the track. Had a buddy come over and yell at me and said I was a ***** so I took it around again. This time I forgot to turn my water2air on so the turbo actually lit. Said oh crap about 3/4 track and flipped it on. With the cooler being so big with 11/2" lines I'm thinking I can never light the turbo while I'm pumping water. Also only had 23k of rail pressure so Mark pointed me in the right direction to fix that and HSP and exergy are helping me out on new stroker pumps. It's sure an incredible feeling to feel it light for the first time.

If we can't get enough rpm out of the clutch it can help to leave the air to water off, but last year I turned it on around 3500rpm while bringing engine up in rpm. My brother fought lighting the turbo consistently last year. And Wes Kusilek said I needed to get back in the driver's seat, lol. I was leaving the line 400 rpm less than my brother and it sounded better and smoother. I wasn't leaving harder at all, but I rode the clutch harder... It's all a matter of feel and technique on running the clutch. With the 2000+ hp you should be making you will realize how critical clutch operation will be to your pulling distance! Good luck and glad to see a good, smooth pass. We fought rail pressure last year too, PM me if you feel like sharing your plans to get more fuel. Thanks

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
That things nasty. I was talking to some 3.0 guys a couple years back about their air/water and they were saying if they turned it on before the charger lit it would bretty much snuff the engine right out because the air was so cold. They were cummins guys though