Info: First dyno run at MBRP

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Well no shit theres smoke. He needed to roll into it not plant his baby little foot. He must secretly works for the EPA. Did you get some $$$ back since they wouldn't run it and wasted your time

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Our local dyno won't run diesels either for the same reason. He told me when he gets a better fume extraction system he would. But you would think MBRP would already be set up since they make parts for diesels. :confused:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Our local dyno won't run diesels either for the same reason. He told me when he gets a better fume extraction system he would. But you would think MBRP would already be set up since they make parts for diesels. :confused:
I thought the exact same thing. How are they making these horsepower claims for there exhaust systems. If They pull the stock system and install one of theirs surely there is a bit more smoke produced....they'd get "smoked out"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, look at it this way guys......

MBRP, a very popular aftermarket performance exhaust mfg for diesel trucks, does NOT support excess smoke, no matter the reason.
I can think of more than a few diesel performance companies who could take a lesson from that.....

(Think about all those moronic orallers with their stupid smoke tunes who could learn a lesson from that, too)

o/p, sorry it happened to you. Give it another try later.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
It seems to me the evac system MBRP was using couldn't cope with the volume... The smoke could have cleared up real quick when the turbo fully spooled, but they didn't give it the chance to do so, and based on the vid, not sure their system could have kept up with the volume of exhaust the truck was creating..... personally, I'm NOT a fan of 'spoke tunes' - while my truck, in the past, has smoked like a freight train, it's not because of the desire to smoke, but rather the result of crappy predator tuning of the day. These days, there's not much real reason to make smoke once the turbo spools, and it seems to me they didn't give it that chance. For me, some smoke while the turbo's spooling is no big deal. Smoking the entire time you're in it like those with 'smoke tunes', not so good. And I really don't know why these people WANT these stupid 'smoke tunes' - those people that WANT to smoke the crap out of everything are the ones that cause us to get garbage like DPFs and DEFs.... I always love to see someone with a clean running truck blowing the doors off a POS smoking the highway (or dragstrip) out...

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I agree,once the truck lights it only leaves a hase but before it does its a train.boost comes up quick but they didn't give it a chance.I also can't stand smoke tunes but my kill tune is really smokey for a couple seconds before all hell breaks loose.Theres time and I will get my run and 1000hp banner.I was really disappointed to see a performance shop shut down a run for a little puff but just as well because it would have blown the hose off the stack:D.

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
1145923781_hagay_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg