Info: First dyno run at MBRP

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Just a bunch of asshats I say. Go and dyno at a place that actually knows diesel. Would stay far away from these clowns. Plus, make sure you spread the word locally! I would.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I wouldn't let anyone drive my truck i didnt trust and I don't have near the money in it some of you guys do. Plus yeah that was bs waste of time

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Wow. Ripoff. I think Ill pull my mbrp system this winter.... My truck smokes a little shifting gears. i dont want people seeing that MBRP tip and thinking they support that kind of pollution.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
So did you get a refund on the pull? Or did I miss that part

They didn't even ask for money when they saw how pissed I was.My hood stack is an mbrp tip that has been removed purely out of principle.MBRP has lost any respect I had for them and i wanted to share with members who they really are.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I wouldn't let anyone drive my truck i didnt trust and I don't have near the money in it some of you guys do. Plus yeah that was bs waste of time

You wont find too many dyno's that let the customer dyno their truck. Been there done that.

100% purely liability reasons.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Yeah we've all seen dyno runs go bad haha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Just got the low down on why my dyno run was shut down,A bud just started working at mbrp and and they were talking about the/my truck not knowing we knew eachother.It was not the smoke...It scared the operator because he thought the truck would break the dyno.That was the best news I could have gotten besides a slip so come the spring they have an outdoor event so it's time to start thrashing on the reg cab.:woott:

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
lol,after they canceled the pull I got lazy and left it on.look kinda funny with a 6" hole in the hood anyways.Still sucks they shut it down but maybe I can break there portable dyno come spring:rolleyes:

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
Honestly all of this bull saying that a diesel shouldn't smoke is ridiculous. With nothing other than compression initiating combustion your always going to have a haze. Especially in high HP combos. And for a large company, especially MBRP, to not even try to reroute the exhaust and just call it quits is ridiculous. The vast majority of the public are getting generic tunes, both good and bad tunes, which will always produce at minimum a haze. Even the Best tuners can't completely eliminate "coal". Just something people ARE going to have to accept.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
lol,after they canceled the pull I got lazy and left it on.look kinda funny with a 6" hole in the hood anyways.Still sucks they shut it down but maybe I can break there portable dyno come spring:rolleyes:

Man, that would be uber frustrating, sorry to hear about your first dyno experience...
Meh, let someone else break it...They'll get theirs...no need to intentionally bring karma crashing down on ya over thier stupidity.

I wonder if MBRP has ever dyno'd a tuned diesel truck? Think about it, they make claims on the gains their products make ON A STOCK RIG!

Kinda silly to think that they've never ran a tuned diesel on their dyno, but then again, if they thought the truck was gonna break the dyno, kinda lends credibility to that thought.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Man, that would be uber frustrating, sorry to hear about your first dyno experience...
Meh, let someone else break it...They'll get theirs...no need to intentionally bring karma crashing down on ya over thier stupidity.

I wonder if MBRP has ever dyno'd a tuned diesel truck? Think about it, they make claims on the gains their products make ON A STOCK RIG!

Kinda silly to think that they've never ran a tuned diesel on their dyno, but then again, if they thought the truck was gonna break the dyno, kinda lends credibility to that thought.

Naa...I dont want to break anything i just think it's funny it scared the dude on the rollers . there's a good good bunch of guys at The garage/mbrp for the most part.