First 1/4 Mile

cbacon91

Deadhead
Jul 20, 2007
MO
First time on a 1/4 mile track. i had a tough time getting started but last couple runs went pretty good i think, what you'all think?

Attachments

• IMG_1858 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1858 (Small).JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 62

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
Awesome!

on the 13.26, you cut a really good 60' 1.77. What happened after that? Looks like it took a dive around the 330 and really fell of by the 1/8th.

Put those 2 runs together and you should be mid 90's (12.9x) easy.

Good job man, that's really awesome for your first time out.

Last edited:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Nice, I bet your all over getting in the 12s now, LOL

just a hair more man, keep it up, play with tire pressure, suspension, bet you hit 12s with what you got.

oh yea, what elevation you run at?

cbacon91

Deadhead
Jul 20, 2007
MO
1/4 mile times

Thanks guys!!!

I was wondering to about the tires, it seems that alot of people are runnin 285's at the track. The elevation i'm not sure of, sotp tell me its not much above sea level like back at home, it was at memphis motorsport park TN, maybe somebody on here knows. I also tried 2nd gear starts but got a bad feelin after about it, my down shifting into 2nd and 1st was really rough after the runs, is this a concern? i was about 3 tenths slower but i don't think i was boosting high enough, scaarrrrrred i quess, oh yeah almost forgot, "has" or "is" anybody else suffering from the "fttd syndrome" lol (First Time at the Track Daze Syndrome) this is when you start staging and all you can do is grip the steering wheel, your foot starts pushing down the pedal you can't hear anything, the lights seem to be 10 miles away, you can't hardly tell what color they are, your gauges all read 100mph and the only thing you remember is "green" means go? lol lol:confused: therefore i can't really give much detail on what happened on what run. maybe next time!!!

Last edited:

dmaxtruck

Perfect Sleeper
Jan 22, 2008
Lol I'm headed to the track for the first time this Sunday myself (weather permitting!). I'll be on the look out for the symptoms of FTTD syndrome... on a positive note, I'm running 285s lol

djms

Dec 25, 2006
Houston tx area
Thanks guys!!!

I was wondering to about the tires, it seems that alot of people are runnin 285's at the track. The elevation i'm not sure of, sotp tell me its not much above sea level like back at home, it was at memphis motorsport park TN, maybe somebody on here knows. I also tried 2nd gear starts but got a bad feelin after about it, my down shifting into 2nd and 1st was really rough after the runs, is this a concern? i was about 3 tenths slower but i don't think i was boosting high enough, scaarrrrrred i quess, oh yeah almost forgot, "has" or "is" anybody else suffering from the "fttd syndrome" lol (First Time at the Track Daze Syndrome) this is when you start staging and all you can do is grip the steering wheel, your foot starts pushing down the pedal you can't hear anything, the lights seem to be 10 miles away, you can't hardly tell what color they are, your gauges all read 100mph and the only thing you remember is "green" means go? lol lol:confused: therefore i can't really give much detail on what happened on what run. maybe next time!!!

WHat you had was "INTIMIDATED BY YOUR BRO-INLAWS FAST TRUCK SYNDROME":rofl::D