Finally ordered mine

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Of course it's in, LOL. I did my turbo several years ago too, and I remember it was a PITA to pull the up-pipes. If the answer is that it's doable with some difficulty if I pull just the downpipe for some added room, I'll do it! But if there's no way around having to pull the up-pipes, then I'm out! LOL.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Of course it's in, LOL. I did my turbo several years ago too, and I remember it was a PITA to pull the up-pipes. If the answer is that it's doable with some difficulty if I pull just the downpipe for some added room, I'll do it! But if there's no way around having to pull the up-pipes, then I'm out! LOL.

The drivers side will the the one that is hardest due to the power steering shaft/hoses/wiring etc all being in your way to reach in there as well as the turbo pedestal/mount. I wouldn't guarantee anything but I would imagine with time and a few cases of beer you could get it done.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Levi - do you think that I can install your up-pipe blankets without pulling the up-pipes? The EGR riser is cut off. TIA! Wally

Is your transmission out? I installed mine with the up-pipes installed but my downpipe or trans was out.

If your downpipe was out but everything else was in you COULD do it but man it would be terrible and take way way longer than it should. The drivers side is the biggest nightmare when the trans is installed due to the lack of access compared to the passenger side.

Pretty much what Brad said. I've had several customers say they've installed the blankets without removing the pipes or trans. Either by pulling the downpipe or it was a twin'd truck. They did not speak fondly of the experience but they were able to get it done in the end.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Ugh. LOL. If only I could train underpants gnomes to crawl back there. Blast their tiny arms and hands.

I'll order the blankets and buy some beer. :thumb: Thanks for the advice and the upcoming "I told you so".

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Wow 4 years ago. The painful memory must have subsided because I’m ordering another set for turbo and uppipes on my new (to me) lb7! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: malibu795

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
They already arrived today. I'm amazed at how quickly they came, since I'm in NJ.

I also ordered a WCFab compound kit, an S475, a trans... my daughter is going to need a scholarship in a few years, LOL.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD