Finally ordered mine

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
it only took me how many years to finally make that turbo sock move from cart to completion? LOL. Looking forward to getting one!

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
And only 6 months to install it. Lmao. I put it in last night. Easy as pie. Can’t wait to put a few miles on!

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Wow, I can actually feel a difference, and my EGT gauge notices one too. I'm surprised. I noticed that my turbo actually lights a hair faster. I have a tune that has a little lag just off the bottom, and I felt it cleaned up a bit and lit faster now. Very cool.

Any sense in trying to run a sock on the cold side pipe and/or hot side? I'd like to do up-pipes one day, but I cringe thinking about taking them off again! LOL.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Wow, I can actually feel a difference, and my EGT gauge notices one too. I'm surprised. I noticed that my turbo actually lights a hair faster. I have a tune that has a little lag just off the bottom, and I felt it cleaned up a bit and lit faster now. Very cool.

Any sense in trying to run a sock on the cold side pipe and/or hot side? I'd like to do up-pipes one day, but I cringe thinking about taking them off again! LOL.

Sorry! I flat out didn't see your posts but I'm glad you're liking the blanket!

I wouldn't recommend blanketing the intake pipes. While it might be beneficial for a short amount of time, eventually they will get heat soaked and work against what you're trying to achieve in the first place.

You're better off keeping the heat at the source and letting the pipe bleed heat to ambient if it needs. IMO

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
great advice, thanks. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remembered you making a set for the Elephant, but I didn't find any update as to effectiveness... should have been my first clue :roflmao:

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
great advice, thanks. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remembered you making a set for the Elephant, but I didn't find any update as to effectiveness... should have been my first clue :roflmao:

I'm not sure that I've ever knowingly made a set of intake blankets. Not that I wouldn't. I just try to share my experiences so someone doesn't waste time/effort/money on something that might not work all that well.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
That’s true! Remember the motor mounts making the handling better :D He was cool. We exchanged a lot of emails and texts

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
That’s true! Remember the motor mounts making the handling better :D He was cool. We exchanged a lot of emails and texts

I could see that being true on the generation of truck Mike was working on. Those older square body frames are flimsy compared to what we have in our factory equipped duramax trucks.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

He was a unique individual, I thought he was annoying until I met him in person then I realized yes a dually a cool dude, still weird though.

I still got some conveyor belt in my shop with his name on it that I got from work that he was going to use to make an air scoop for his trans cooler

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
And you didn’t have to remove the turbo for the blanket?? I’d be interested in one for my LBZ

Update

Never mind I just checked out the guys website looks like they’re held in with ties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
And you didn’t have to remove the turbo for the blanket?? I’d be interested in one for my LBZ

Update

Never mind I just checked out the guys website looks like they’re held in with ties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They work great I just installed mine on my 68 valley charger and on my s480. The blanket on the stock charger is held on with stainless ties. I bought them to help keep the underhood temps down, after a hard run I can pop the hood and lay my hand on the blankets with no problem

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
They work great I just installed mine on my 68 valley charger and on my s480. The blanket on the stock charger is held on with stainless ties. I bought them to help keep the underhood temps down, after a hard run I can pop the hood and lay my hand on the blankets with no problem
Wow!!! That cool huh, I need one for my 65 3794 Do you happen to have any good pics of yours

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Levi - do you think that I can install your up-pipe blankets without pulling the up-pipes? The EGR riser is cut off. TIA! Wally

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Levi - do you think that I can install your up-pipe blankets without pulling the up-pipes? The EGR riser is cut off. TIA! Wally

Is your transmission out? I installed mine with the up-pipes installed but my downpipe or trans was out.

If your downpipe was out but everything else was in you COULD do it but man it would be terrible and take way way longer than it should. The drivers side is the biggest nightmare when the trans is installed due to the lack of access compared to the passenger side.