LB7: fass 150

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
installed my fass 150 and everything went well on install, i started the truck, it definatley had a lope to the idle that wasnt their before. also the sound of the pump seems to vary up and down in pitch, is this because i didnt fill filter full of fuel when i put it on?? any help will be appreciated

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Unhook it with the pump still on there and your truck isnt going to move. Fass pumps are not flow through.. meaning, if pump quits, so does your truck.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
If the supply and return lines are plumbed incorrectly it can cause the pump to cavitate and it will not sound quite right. (Not implying you did anything wrong just something that can happen, ask me how I know lol):rofl:

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
If the supply and return lines are plumbed incorrectly it can cause the pump to cavitate and it will not sound quite right. (Not implying you did anything wrong just something that can happen, ask me how I know lol):rofl:

im actually wondering if thats not my problem, this was hooked in series with another fass 150 so im gonna check out the fittings thanks man, i will get back with you on 3rd brake too :thumb:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Im not uptodate on the "new" fass pumps, but every older fass Ive seen (louder than 1st gen cummins) is definately not a flow through.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Im not uptodate on the "new" fass pumps, but every older fass Ive seen (louder than 1st gen cummins) is definately not a flow through.

ya i bought this one used so ill have to guess it is a flow thru. this one i cant hear in cab, i can hear it running standing right beside where it is mounted

dankeith1975250

Sep 1, 2012
pa
I set my pump with out a gauge just start the truck, climb under it and adjust it til the lope goes away and it idles normal and mine will run but have a very werid throttle response with out the pump running

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
i want to update and bump this. the lope is no longer their. the sound went away when i changed w/s and fuel filters for about 30 min, it is now back, however when i crack the drain on w/s for all of 5 seconds the sound goes away for another 30 min at least