Farming Vids/Pics...post em (56k nono)

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
We use ours for handling bulk chemical totes, pallets of canola seed or innoculant and snow removal mainly. We bought our L175 it had 125 hours on it and when we traded it after running it for about 5 years it had 850 hours. So we won't be putting hours on like you are. I read many threads on skid steers and I saw the good and bad reviews from everyone but we decided we would try out the L200 series. We ordered it with self level for handling totes and pallets and it sure works nice for that. I also like that this one has a radio in it. :D

Should work good for that, most machines hold up just fine to low hours and low abuse. Theres some nice features on the L200s, still the best visibility. Radios are nice to have, ours was so loud inside that I had to run the radio to the point the speakers were maxxes, but I like the locationa lot better than behind my arm like in a Cat. It is nice you can use any Single DIN radio though in them.

I've heard from enough people that the later ones are quieter in the cab. The engines are silent ours just had a lot of hydro noise. We did have a manual control machine though too.

Backup camera's are nice, I'm thinking I'm going to put one on the back of the tanker. The Fendt can stream two camera feeds on the screen.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
I was very surprised by how much better the visibility seems to be compared to our L175. Cab feels bigger. Air ride seat is nicer than the suspension seat was in the L175. I like it so far but need to run it for a few more hours.

Do the cameras need to be wired to the Fendt or will it work with wireless cameras?

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Well I found some more pics and I'm bored tonight so here they are.

Training the future sprayer operator
image_zps4683efc8.jpg

These guys dropped in the field I was spraying. Figured I could have scared them if I had my respirator in the sprayer. Coulda jumped out with it on and started yelling and waving my arms. :D
image_zps1c61460b.jpg

Crop checking
image_zps6c7fc268.jpg

image_zpsad109289.jpg

Spraying canola with fungicide
image_zps671438a6.jpg

Swathing Canola

image_zpsf519ee48.jpg

image_zpsa4b5e509.jpg

image_zpscf071625.jpg

Harvest time

image_zps2b3e4f71.jpg

image_zpscfc89e3d.jpg

image_zps86048aae.jpg

image_zps4197eb6b.jpg

Filling a grain bag

image_zps498dd507.jpg

image_zpsa47070a1.jpg

Supper delivery crew

image_zps3a2d0460.jpg

End of harvest. Last pass of soybeans. If you look close in the standing crop you can see our hats. We sacrifice our hats at the end of harvest every year. :)

image_zps0b0eaf5a.jpg

Last edited:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I was very surprised by how much better the visibility seems to be compared to our L175. Cab feels bigger. Air ride seat is nicer than the suspension seat was in the L175. I like it so far but need to run it for a few more hours.

Do the cameras need to be wired to the Fendt or will it work with wireless cameras?

Nope they can be wired. It's not really a completely proprietary system so you can use other cameras with some modifications.

You can also set it up to sync with a Fendt Combine or Fendt Katana (SPFH) so the tractor operator can see the spout or auger camera and such.

You can watch in full screen or quarter screen, if you run two you assign the other one to a different 1/4. You can also set one up as a backup camera so it comes on full screen in reverse but is out of the screen otherwise so its not in the way.

Variotronic_Terminal10.jpg

Variotronic_Terminal10.jpg

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Grain bag is temporary storage if you run out of grain bin space or some guys that have rented land with no storage. They are easy to fill since it is right in the field you are working on. Easier to keep up to multiple combines. We can unload our 1100 bushel grain cart in about 3 minutes. The machine to unload grain bags is easy and fast. We can load a super B in 9 minutes.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I can never get videos to embed on here but if someone else can do it, please do.

You only need the characters after the "=" sign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsx1GzTHkG8

qsx1GzTHkG8

Then highlight those characters and click the youtube button. YOu have to do this in the advanced editor, it will wrap the following around them and your video will be embedded.

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUB]

Here's a video of the bag loader.

[YOUTUBE]qsx1GzTHkG8[/YOUTUBE]

And one of the unloader.

[YOUTUBE]LbmbjT5fwiw[/YOUTUBE]

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Thank you. :thumb: I searched for info on how to do it but couldn't find anything.

The screen on the Fendt sounds a lot like Deere's 2630 and I mean by how you can hook cameras up to them.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Thank you. :thumb: I searched for info on how to do it but couldn't find anything.

The screen on the Fendt sounds a lot like Deere's 2630 and I mean by how you can hook cameras up to them.

Yeah I need to go play with a new 8R someday just to keep up on what the competition offers. Won't be switching any time soon for many reasons, but like to know whats out there. Deere is getting more agressive around here at a corporate level, not sure if they are anticipating the low sales they will probably have this year or what. In WI Fendt has taken most of the manure hauling and a lot of the silage hauling/mowing away from the rest for many reasons. Not to mention a Deere spec'd the same as a Fendt is more money. Now they have been trying to get some of the market back I guess. They do seem to be catching up somewhat. I assume a lot of the features of the Fendt the majority of their market in NA could care less about so it probably wasn't a big deal for awhile.

The 7" screen that was in the earlier 8R's wasn't entirely impressive but I see they added some new things to the 10" one. I haven't used Fendt's latest terminal yet either though. Those tractors aren't supposed to be here until the end of spring. I just like the customization abilities with the Fendt. Its like Android versus Apple. More utilitarian maybe but you are not limited in many ways where with Deere you have options but its usually only a few.

I like that the Fendt has the capability to download everything from the Variodoc to the shop computer through bluetooth. Then I can print out all of the application maps an such. You can pay extra for the Pro version which operates on a cell network for real time data.

I wish Fendt would add the user access feature like Deere has though. I don't necessarily want to block everyone out of adjusting things, but with the Fendt not being very self explanatory I just want them to call so I can walk them through it instead and then when they get back I can make sure nothing's messed up. I have all of the fields mapped in it with their boundaries and way lines, then sorted by name and field number. If theres multiple waylines I try to add them in as well as you can save as many different ones as you want for each field. I also have all of the implements programmed in for the best operation of them, as well as their dimensions so the guidance can compensate. Each one also has its headland sequence programmed and its seconday sequence if needed. So when somebody gets in, it first asks if you want to restore previous settings or load them. You select load and click the implement you will be pulling. The issues I run into is people will want to change something for whatever reason and then when they shutoff the tractor they will click save and that will overwrite the previous settings so when the next guy gets in he's confused. The way it lets you customize everything can also lead to some confusion. You can assign buttons to do many different things so it gets confusing for some people.

We don't have enough ISOBUS implements in the US yet, but thats one are the joystick is really nice for.

Fendt could definatley use a better seat and you would think with all the euro style music they listen to over there they would put a nice sound system with a sub in it like Deere. Oh well, the new ones do have all LED lights and a heated front windshield which would be nice for us since we still run it a lot in the winter.

Did you see their new hydraulic coupler? I was wondering how long it would take before we could move away from Pioneer tips. This one uses flat face ones that couple under pressure and do not leak. You can also arrange all of your lines in a big single point hookup. If you still run pioneer tips the flat face inserts can be threaded out and replaced with those.

Fendt_Hydraulik(1).jpg

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Single point hookups are so nice to use. We have one combine with single point and one without and the one with is so much nicer to hook up. Just wipe the flat face off and hook it up. No wiping the hydraulic tips and trying to clean out the female couplers with a rag and saying "Good enough" or having to get a can of ether to spray them out. After seeing that I wish our tractor and drill had single point hook up, it would be way easier to unhook if we got stuck. :D

Hoosier

Stock is Slow
Mar 27, 2012
Indiana
Single point hookups are so nice to use. We have one combine with single point and one without and the one with is so much nicer to hook up. Just wipe the flat face off and hook it up. No wiping the hydraulic tips and trying to clean out the female couplers with a rag and saying "Good enough" or having to get a can of ether to spray them out. After seeing that I wish our tractor and drill had single point hook up, it would be way easier to unhook when we get stuck. :D

Fixed it for you :D

Happens to everyone! :roflmao:

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Just finished moving the GSI dryer and the new Zimmerman is in place!! They just started running grain threw em this mornin.

uploadfromtaptalk1410974400633.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410974400633.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410974400633.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 30

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
FYI. I'm a millwright supervisor for a living so I build stuff like this for a living.lol For Paul's Machine&Welding.

Sent from a greasy hand under the hood of my buddys truck.

f1100turbo

Sep 8, 2014
uploadfromtaptalk1410974782679.jpg
I'll just keep haulin corn with this Ole junker.

TURBS

How can I annoy OC today?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410974782679.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410974782679.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 23

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
The video of us moving the dryer is on you tube. Type Dryer Pic and search. By danny horien. Kinda interesting. Our engineer did a really good job editing and so on.

f1100turbo

Sep 8, 2014
us loading up a turned over planter.
Oppppps.
uploadfromtaptalk1410974890778.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410974920770.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410974969621.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410974996753.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410975018846.jpg

TURBS

How can I annoy OC today?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410974890778.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410974890778.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1410974920770.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410974920770.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1410974969621.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410974969621.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 35