Erratic Idle

uwyo_dmax

Sep 17, 2008
Laramie WY
I'm asking this for a buddy WyoDmax because he doesn't have internet. He has a 2004.5 LLY with a A5K built tranny etc. Now heres the problem, his truck has a really bad idle and blows white/blue smoke sometimes other than that it seems to run fine. At idle I logged it and the pulse width is all over the place. I also checked his balance rates for the hell of it and his #2 was plus around +10. Would a bad injector cause this?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Possibly an injector. Could also be a bent rod. I would recommend a compression check.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I'm asking this for a buddy WyoDmax because he doesn't have internet. He has a 2004.5 LLY with a A5K built tranny etc. Now heres the problem, his truck has a really bad idle and blows white/blue smoke sometimes other than that it seems to run fine. At idle I logged it and the pulse width is all over the place. I also checked his balance rates for the hell of it and his #2 was plus around +10. Would a bad injector cause this?
ya, sounds like a bad injector, have ya'll done a compression test

uwyo_dmax

Sep 17, 2008
Laramie WY
no we haven't done a compression test yet. Here's another strange thing he says it doesnt do it on the stock tune which doesnt make any sense there shouldnt be anything in the tune that would make it lope.