Emissions by state

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Hey guys. Just a thought. What if we all posted up emissions laws by state. That way people searching could see what their options are. And guys pointing them in a direction when they ask about tuning can double check on their advice first. Might be a terrible idea. I dunno. Just a thought.

SwitchBack

Sep 8, 2012
Vermont
Aren't emissions federal? If your talking about what people are getting away with state to state that's going to have a lot of variables. in my area some shops are more strict than others.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Not only that, it is also different county to county. Federal will be the minimum standard, state can increase it, then county can add to that so trying to keep up with all of the counties in all 50 states is likely to be a mess

I like the idea though

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Maryland is easy. Must have factory components for inspection. (Exhaust, egr, etc) that's to get tags. Then Maryland doesn't require to pass emissions testing.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
Ut depends on what CO your in. Some require diff things and some don't require it at all. Were I am even though my truck came with no factory emissions controls I still have to pay them every year to plug my truck into the computer for it to tell them that it is not emissions equipped. :mad:

IMHO anyone that would not look up the actual state and county emissions law would be a fool.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Idaho is County Dependent. Twin Falls and the surrounding areas of farmers don't do emissions checks or inspections.
However ADA County and Boise area where ATP Trucks is located is full on. Partly the reason why his tuning has changed recently with these clowns and their 12V's
Pretty much the rule of thumb is stay away from big cities and Cummins Bros....
We all know Rob doesn't support coal but teenagers bring a lot of bad attention to street diesels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
TX is safety inspection only. Which I believe includes an automatic failure for a check engine light. They do have a law about excessive smoke, but I've never known anyone to get a ticket for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
N. Central Fl and the northern east coast I know have no inspections whatsoever. I have seen (and owned/driven) some sketchy shit on roads and been "legal"

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

msjdgman

Jan 13, 2009
SW Michigan
Michigan. No emissions or inspections at all. Except perhaps Detroit/Wayne County area. I simply dont know about over there. I do my best to avoid the that area.