EGR delete

Eaglebusman

Apr 13, 2019
I'm wondering if a person deleted the EGR completly but kept and plugged the egr valve into the harness in some remote location would the ECM be 'smart' enough to detect it not functioning? Any thoughts?
Thanks, Hal

LBZ motor BTW

Eaglebusman

Apr 13, 2019
Where does it moniter the flow? Would the finger stick trick the ECM to allow the use of some of the 'canned' tunes?
Sorry, I'm a real novice where it comes to tunning. Doing swaps/fabrication is where I've been for ever.

Eaglebusman

Apr 13, 2019
We are not going to tell you how to defeat emissions equipment on this forum
I hear you. Crazy thing is this is in a 1975 motorhome which replaced a 440 mopar. I don't think there is any way the LBZ will make anywhere near the emissions that anchor did. At it's worst its a giant improvement for the enviroment over that gas motor.
Thanks

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
The ECM will see a discrepancy in the MAF readings when it's expecting the valve to be open. If you dig deep enough on the googles I'm sure the diagram for a fingerstick has been posted before, maybe not. I've never made one

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I don't think there is anyone on this forum that you have to convince how stupid some of the laws are, but we have to protect the site and it's reputation so we keep illegal activities off of it

Reactions: 660catman

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ive always said that EGR on a diesel was the dumbest thing anyone ever thought up. Well, that was until DEF and SCR and all that BS, but it is still somewhat true.

If you Google LBZ Fingerstick, you can still find the stick/plate kits out there. Good luck.