LLY: EGR delete & tune??

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I have a buddy with a 2006 LLY, and he wants an EGR delete & tune. Who's the best place to go with, any sponsors here? I've read that tuning an EGR delete on these is really tricky?

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
It would be nice to go with delete and get rid of it but it certainly costs alot more to do that. If I was doing it again I'd do delete and EFI. Still may eventually.

dmax07

Aug 12, 2009
Colorado
I'm just picking up some lb7 parts slowly and once I get a few more pieces I can delete my egr and look factory. That's when I'm making switch to efi.. Also doing trans and turbo the same time.. Right now I just have a blocker plate in

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
Okay, so he has decided to do an EGR delete, and he wants an Idaho Rob EFI tune. He also wants an Edge Insight CTS, and wants to use the CTS for switching between the 5 tunes. That brings me to my NEW QUESTION...

I googled "Idaho Rob Tuning" and clicked on Meyer Performance. I spoke to Tyler there (very helpful guy), and he said that even though this 2006 is a LLY, the PCM is a Bosch so the CTS will not switch the tunes. Must use the DSP5 switch.

My buddy called ATP Trucks, and whoever he spoke to said that he CAN use the CTS to switch between the tunes.

Who is correct? :confused:

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
Okay, so he has decided to do an EGR delete, and he wants an Idaho Rob EFI tune. He also wants an Edge Insight CTS, and wants to use the CTS for switching between the 5 tunes. That brings me to my NEW QUESTION...

I googled "Idaho Rob Tuning" and clicked on Meyer Performance. I spoke to Tyler there (very helpful guy), and he said that even though this 2006 is a LLY, the PCM is a Bosch so the CTS will not switch the tunes. Must use the DSP5 switch.

My buddy called ATP Trucks, and whoever he spoke to said that he CAN use the CTS to switch between the tunes.

The ECM for an 06 LLY should be the same as for an LBZ. Therefore, the DSP5 changing of tunes with the CTS will be a no go:(. Sucks, I know, I have an LBZ with a CTS and would love to be able to change my tunes with that.

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
Make sure to get a lbz egr delete not a lly as a 2006 lly is a lbz with a lower output calibration in the ecm all hard parts are lbz

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
From what I've been told, all I need to do is install a block off plate, unplug the EGR valve connector, and get a tune. Is that not true?? :confused:

This diesel stuff is way more confusing to me than the gassers that I know inside & out.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
From what I've been told, all I need to do is install a block off plate, unplug the EGR valve connector, and get a tune. Is that not true?? :confused:

This diesel stuff is way more confusing to me than the gassers that I know inside & out.

You dont have to unplug it but it won't hurt anything if you do. But yes, blocker plate and efi tune will be all you have to do.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

The guy at Meyer is correct. Whoever you talked to at ATP must not have understood that your buddy's LLY is an 06. From now on, he should just call it an LBZ. It will eliminate any confusion in the future.