EFILive questions

EvanV

Jan 27, 2019
Hello fellas new to this site and to the Dmax scene, sorry to post drop but have no idea how to create my own on this site lol, my question is pertaining to EFI live, I bought a 02 3500 lb7 and was told it had efi live at one time but was taken out, now I see everyone talkin bout buying tunes and all but Idk what to buy as far as the proper equipment for truck or where and how to obtain tunes and use them in my truck, don't want to be ripped off cause the local shops keep telling me 1200 bucks but I'm sure there's a easier and cheaper way out. Thanks

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved this into its own thread.

As to posting a new thread, just select the appropriate section in the main forum listings as you did origianlly, but then look up in the left hand corner of the page showing the threads for the "new thread" blue button. Click that, post your question, then hit "Submit".

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Basically, the fact the truck was tuned in the past is irrelevant.

You need to start over...have the truck tuned and a DSP switch properly installed, or past installation verified as correct.

The price can go from mild to wild. If all you want is the switch and the tune flashed in, that's pretty cheap. Up from there you can get your own basic handheld reader/flasher/datalogger (Autocal) or the more advanced unit called the Flashscan V2. The latter is only useful if you plan on creating and modifying your own tune files.

Hope this helps.