EFILIVE June 2019 public release downloads?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I hadn't heard of that one. I know they made the LS1A controller free for everyone. What version was that?

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk
My understanding was that it was an accident that it was put out and was quickly rectified. However once you post something, It's out there...

7.5.10 build 323
8.2.5 build 316

All I ask is that if any one has a copy, Please do not post it publicly. That being said, I already have stream for LS1B so I have no way to test it.
I know people have hacked the software in the past but EFI Live has been good to me customer service wise unlike other companies...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I wish I could say the same…

A buddies colorado was being tuned and to actually dial in the tune, you need 4 pids that efi live pulls from the OS so they work. I’ll have to dig out what ones they are but his OS didn’t have the pids pulled. They were emailed and they said they would look into it and keep an eye out for each update each month. Cool, tune by braille I guess. Get it running better but not where it should be. Buddy says it’s way better but mpg is down now.

Email efi live every so often for an update and say they have not looked into it. Then the last email in I think Feb or Mach, they say they won’t be getting them, it’s too hard and they don’t have the time. Wtf?! That pissed us off…

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I wish I could say the same…

A buddies colorado was being tuned and to actually dial in the tune, you need 4 pids that efi live pulls from the OS so they work. I’ll have to dig out what ones they are but his OS didn’t have the pids pulled. They were emailed and they said they would look into it and keep an eye out for each update each month. Cool, tune by braille I guess. Get it running better but not where it should be. Buddy says it’s way better but mpg is down now.

Email efi live every so often for an update and say they have not looked into it. Then the last email in I think Feb or Mach, they say they won’t be getting them, it’s too hard and they don’t have the time. Wtf?! That pissed us off…
That sucks... I know they haven't been very respondent to new pids or looking for missing tables. I requested one and it fell on def ears. But as far as other issues they have been helpful.

HPT Is not and has a strong history of screwing customers and 3rd party people that have helped them build there company. When I had issues flashing and bricking a controller, all they could tell me was make sure you are using the latest update and make sure you have good power during your flash...

I was using the latest release of the day as well as a bench harness. The only reason I was using HPT was because the wiring harness builder Sent a File to Flash in for start up. Not Sure why they couldn't load it when they sent the ECU.

Ironically they asked for the log files but couldn't tell me anything about the issue or what might be causing it. All they would say is that I must be doing something wrong. Funny I have never bricked an ECU with EFI Live.

Since they couldn't tell me what part of the flash was failing, I asked about the license's since they used them and they are tied to nothing, They said consider it a learning experience....

Another time was on a replacement ECU for another Vehicle. They State you no longer have to purchase the COS once you license the ECU. How ever, They stuck it to me there too. I had to license the new ECU before I could flash to it. I also had to license the Old file to the new ECU. EFI Live doesn't have a COS for 2006 LS1B ECU only 03-05

I also don't need to tell you how they have hacked EFI Live in the past.

Not to mention the way they force firmware updates that can not be easily undone by the end user especially when they remove features with out telling people.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
There are some things that got removed from newer versions, especially around emissions. In theory there are ways to work around that, but sometimes it's easier to just not update than try and find a workaround.

At least that is my reason for stockpiling all the old versions

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk

Crap I never knew they ever implemented that. I'll have to look when was the last time I did an update. Not that it's matters much to me. I don't need those tables, but I hate the V8 Software on the update I have. Maybe I should go back if it eliminate those issues. It's not like they will ever go back and fix the issues with the older generation of trucks, so no real need for updates.

Last edited: