efi and ppe tuning

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
has anyone dabled with pulling ppe tunes out and using them in efi. and if so have you had any problems or seen any differences between running the ppe or the ppe thru the efi. reason i ask is the ability to turn off codes that ppe did not as well as toy with the tuning.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Yes it can be done, but morality comes into play...It's been discussed several times...What kind of tweaking do you want to do?

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
i mostly want to turn off some codes that the truck is throwin that ppe did not include in their tune such as boost sensors for aftermarket turbos and a couple others my morality is fine i purchased the tuner i will do what i wish with it thanks neens

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
i mostly want to turn off some codes that the truck is throwin that ppe did not include in their tune such as boost sensors for aftermarket turbos and a couple others my morality is fine i purchased the tuner i will do what i wish with it thanks neens
Whoa, calm down a little. He was getting at the fact people would copy the tunes then sell the tuner, thats where the moral comes in.

anyway, yes you can do that just fine. Save your stock truck tune first though ;)

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
i know that comment was not for neens it was for anyone else who dont like it. neens has always helped me out when i have a question

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
has anyone dabled with pulling ppe tunes out and using them in efi. and if so have you had any problems or seen any differences between running the ppe or the ppe thru the efi. reason i ask is the ability to turn off codes that ppe did not as well as toy with the tuning.
i am running all my ppe tunes through efilive. no problems.