EFI affect AC

dieseldave01

supertrucker
Jun 3, 2008
Oxford OH
my air conditioner does not work and i have done all the minor checks and took it to a mechanic and he says the ac unit is not recieving any signal from the PCM. i am running a dsp2 efi tune just wondering if this could have disabled the ac somehow? any thoughts? thanks alot dave

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Check your DSP2 pins. We have had someone that disabled their AC with wrong pin placement.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
There are some a/c settings in the tunes, I have never messed with them so I dont know if the work or not. Did this problem start with the flashing of a tune, or the installation of your dsp2 switch? If you flashed a tune of a different operating system that could cause problems as could a scripted tune.

When we originally released EFILive for Duramax nearly 3 years ago, AC functions were a problem. We identified that the major cause for this was people not using their own stock tune as the base for their modified tune.

If you are using a modified tune NOT based on your stock tune, we suggest you revert to your stock and build you tune again. Even if the OS's are the same, you'll find that the vehicle options will most likely be different which will cause this effect.

In the minds of EFILive this issue will be forever known as the "Guy Tripp Syndrome" :hug:

Cheers
Cindy

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
The tune that they flashed when his trans was built was originally built for an 03. Reflash the stock tune first and if that fixes it we'll reflash some of the DSP2 tunes we built specifically for your truck.

Since you'll be pulling against Devin, I want to detune you a bit anyway.:joker:

You haven't used AC since December?:eek: :D

dieseldave01

supertrucker
Jun 3, 2008
Oxford OH
Since you'll be pulling against Devin, I want to detune you a bit anyway.
haha....yeh this 01 does have some serious balls

i havnt had a chance to reflash the stock tune just got done and cleaned up from cutting all day, either tonight or tom ill give it a try. thanks

Tired Old Man

Aug 15, 2007
Where ever the wind blows
Your tune will cause the AC to not function. I went to the process of building a bypass to find out the the PCM monitors head pressure and other things so do as EFI tech sugests and all will be well as far as AC function is concerned

dieseldave01

supertrucker
Jun 3, 2008
Oxford OH
thanks, should have time to work on it tommarrow when i get off work, im having problems with retrieving my old efi stuff off my old lap top and putting it on my new one so once i figure that out ill be good to go, thanks agian

dieseldave01

supertrucker
Jun 3, 2008
Oxford OH
ok thanks, i was able to retrieve old stuff thanks still havnt reflashed yet, no time, wish this damn grass would slow down cant keep up!!!!!