LB7: ECM to ABS speed signal

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I'm still working out details of my swap, and I have another question on it. This one is in regards to how many pulses per mile does the ECM send to the ABS? From what I have found the speedometer and such get the 2,000 pulses per mile, but I haven't been able to find how many the ABS receives from it's ECM output. I'm hoping it is 128,000 like the older VSSB's output which would allow me to do away with my VSSB in my conversion and send it's signal directly from the ECM to my ABS.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
hmmm that Im not sure of. Im almost positive the VSS signal that the ECM sends to the EBCM (abs) and instrument cluster are one in the same... (both 2000 pulses per mile)

The EFILive crew would know better than anyone else on here though.

ben

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
It may be, I'm going off of what my ALLDATA Shows for the 01 DMAX. It shows pins 49 and 50 of the C2 red connector as both being VSS outputs. It shows the wire coming from 49(yellow with black tracer) as going to the EBCM only, and that 50(dark green with white tracer) goes to the junction block which feeds the cluster, BCM, and the other speed signals. Just trying to sort out if I can eliminate the VSSB from the equation as I don't know if connecting the VSSB and the ECM to the OSS would cause a conflict with the signal or not.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
It appears as though the 01 ECM outputs the correct ABS signal on pin 49 for the early style ABS. I have no ABS lights and the brakes function properly with pin 49 hooked to the ABS and pin 50 is correct for the speedo and radio.