ECM swap??

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
I gotta few Q for all the Duramax gurus... Just wanted to see what yall tho about swapping ecm & TCM out after a motor/Trans swap.. What I have goin is another truck I found has a ton of stuff done to it and the one I just bought is stock. Thinking of swapping everything over and selling it after swap. Only prob is the donor truck is 2wd and mine is 4wd... My question is can I just take motor and Trans out and just swap the ecm n tcm over with out doin anything else? Didn't no if I'd have to reflash anything. The 4wd is stock tuning and the 2wd has efi live tunes and a switch.. I know I'll have to swap rear housing and output shaft and all that for transfer case on the 2wd but mainly worried bout the ecm/TCM thing. Ha didn't no if it would make a dif... Thanks for any tips or info.
Sorry if this is in the wrong place didn't no where to start it really. Ha

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
What trucks would help. For the most part, 4X4 stuff will work just fine in a 2 wheel drive, but the reverse isn't always true. Depending on the 4 wheel drive setup, the OS may need to be changed for it to shift or the 4X4 indicator to work.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Sorry bout that.. Lol my bad. They are both 06 Chevys. Both LBZ's everything is the same but 2wd vs 4wd and mine is not tuned and 2wd has efi live tunes and dsp5 switch. Have no idea if it's vin locked or not.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
LBZ tends to not be to picky. Only issue would be if it was manual shift 4X4, it wouldn't turn the light on in the cluster unless it had the correct OS in the ECM.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
It's a push button 4x4... Hope it's all just swapping everything over and not much technical stuff. Lol