Help: ECM problems

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
OK well yesterday i had my high presure line break on my 2nd cp3 got tht fixed today and now keep geting a p0606 ecm/pcm internal fault code so i bought another lic and tuned my spare ecm i had and im getting the same code :confused: this should be a brand new ecm so it shouldent have any issues ether. and now i am also getting p0182 fuel over temp code u read the fuel temp and its only 90 degrees so its not even over temp. and im also getting a p0191 fprv high code i checked my actual an desired rail presure and its normal. any one have any ideas on wht the heck could be going on. when it throws the p0606 code it completley shuts the truck off wich in the pouring rain is no fun when you loose all power :( if i wait and sit for 5 mins or so it will start again. :confused: I have never ever gotten any of theese codes the whole time i have had my truck ether

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
dosent seem to be checked tht it didnt start trhowing those codes untill late today but if a cp3 wire was disconected my rail presure would be way off but its normal just throwing the code :confused:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Wonder if the throttle problem we discussed is also related. Appears that demons have taken over your rig!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Maybe you got fuel in some of your connectors?

I'd try unplugging some of them and spraying contact cleaner in the plugs.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Maybe you got fuel in some of your connectors?

I'd try unplugging some of them and spraying contact cleaner in the plugs.

yea i thought about tht ill have to try tht tomarow and see. fuel went every where so you never know when i put the new ecm in every thing loooked pretty dry but who knows.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
ok today reprogramed my ohter ecm with a stock tune other peramters off tht i needed and the truck ran and drove fine. but my remote start will not work . put my other ecm tht was suposed to be bad and the remote start works. :confused:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
IIRC, if there is a code stored, the remote start will not work. Check for codes on the new ecm tune.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
there is the p02e8 code from me not haveing the air intake valve but the cell is turned off as well as the paermaters for the intake valve. i also have the same code stored in my other ecm but it still remote starts fine and the permaters are set the same way :confused: