Dyno'd my truck

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Went out to an event in Mass on Saturday to dyno my truck. Ended up meeting so real cool guys, and seeing some really cool pulling trucks. Overall it was a cool event.

Dyno was a portable dyno jet. Apparently from what some other guys were saying based off of their own numbers that they ran, it was reading pretty low. I didn't know what I should be expecting so I can't say. Just wanted to share my results. I wanted to try to run them in 4th but no one had a laptop with efi live, or a tech 2 so all runs were in 5th. I tried to wait for Tim, but everyone said he likes to come late to parties!

Best run was 595hp 1055tq
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPkbN2c40DI&feature=context-cha

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Was this the event where the twin turbo cummins dynod around 500? I think I read on compd about it. Most of them were talking crap

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
He had the highest numbers of the day and beat a supercharged mustang by 25HP and my buddy Tim Crowley by 10HP. Tim had just picked his truck up from Ben after blowing it up on that dyno last year. Had a s366, single pump and 60 overs. Wish I could've made it sooner to meet you Kris, I had to work later than I expected.

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Was this the event where the twin turbo cummins dynod around 500? I think I read on compd about it. Most of them were talking crap

Yea this was that event. The kid with that truck was a nice guy, and we spoke for quite a bit about both trucks. I knew he would run home and post it up on comp D though and I knew there would be haters. Its all good though. They can talk all the shit they want, but I know none of those pansies will take it to the track and run me. Bunch of bitches over there

He had the highest numbers of the day and beat a supercharged mustang by 25HP and my buddy Tim Crowley by 10HP. Tim had just picked his truck up from Ben after blowing it up on that dyno last year. Had a s366, single pump and 60 overs. Wish I could've made it sooner to meet you Kris, I had to work later than I expected.

Yea man I wish I could have stayed a little longer. My buddy had to get back earlier then expected so we had to leave. I tried to wait for ya Tim as I wanted to meet you. A few of your buddies were there and told me to wait to dyno until you got there, but I couldn't hold my dubby off from rushing me. I am pretty pumped I had the highest numbers of the day though. Guess those cummins boys will have to sulk for a little while. I even guessed pretty close on that chart thing which was cool.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
nice numbers kris!! :woott: that thing definitly cleans up all the fuel your throwin at her. Mine looks like a truck on a stock turbo and big pulse width again :rofl:

8lug

Escalade HD
Oct 16, 2009
Canada
LOL
"JasonCzerak
Good, cuz 12's are fukin slow. Something to keep in mind when you get all big headed about being the fastest..... 11's are still slow too, I should know, I'm in the 11's with a little 66 > 7000# and I'm slow.

Anyone know this Joker? See him run? Full weight, single 66 and 11's?? What 11's? 11.99 and 12.01 are 12's and 11's sure but in heads up that's anyone's race.

8lug

Escalade HD
Oct 16, 2009
Canada
Bottom Line is Dyno Days are Dyno Days, same day, same dyno, highest HP gets bragging rights, if you don't believe in that logic, do not enter a dyno day!

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I was going to try and make it out there but pulled at the westport fair instead. Should have hit the dyno, burnt up Terra Grapplers aren't making any waves in the truck pulling scene haha

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
LOL
"JasonCzerak
Good, cuz 12's are fukin slow. Something to keep in mind when you get all big headed about being the fastest..... 11's are still slow too, I should know, I'm in the 11's with a little 66 > 7000# and I'm slow.

Anyone know this Joker? See him run? Full weight, single 66 and 11's?? What 11's? 11.99 and 12.01 are 12's and 11's sure but in heads up that's anyone's race.

Thanks man for the support. I agree, dyno's are bragging rights and that's about it. So i figured I'd rattle a few cages over there. I don't know who that is on comp d but it sure it making my work day go by faster. Your right though, notice he didnt put up his 'actual' time? Most likely im pretty close and he doesn't want to admit it.

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
nice numbers kris!! :woott: that thing definitly cleans up all the fuel your throwin at her. Mine looks like a truck on a stock turbo and big pulse width again :rofl:

Thanks James. Dude your not kidding. It looks like a gas truck :roflmao:. I miss the days of my stock charger and being able to close highways down with the smoke. I need fuel in a bad bad way. Dual fuelers here I come :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thanks James. Dude your not kidding. It looks like a gas truck :roflmao:. I miss the days of my stock charger and being able to close highways down with the smoke. I need fuel in a bad bad way. Dual fuelers here I come :thumb:

lol just plan on a motor build! :D

8lug

Escalade HD
Oct 16, 2009
Canada
Ok, checked out his youtube...funny no numbers...more vids of the rattle he was trying to get diagnosed than actually running it. LOL I'd lay my nickle on you at the track Kris

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Ok, checked out his youtube...funny no numbers...more vids of the rattle he was trying to get diagnosed than actually running it. LOL I'd lay my nickle on you at the track Kris

Haha well I called him out on CompD and asked for some videos of it. Appreciate the help :hug:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Yea man I wish I could have stayed a little longer. My buddy had to get back earlier then expected so we had to leave. I tried to wait for ya Tim as I wanted to meet you. A few of your buddies were there and told me to wait to dyno until you got there, but I couldn't hold my dubby off from rushing me. I am pretty pumped I had the highest numbers of the day though. Guess those cummins boys will have to sulk for a little while. I even guessed pretty close on that chart thing which was cool.

Well I heard Lyle talked you into coming to our Diesels of New England Challenge...it will be held at Truckfest 2012, McCray's Farm, South Hadley MA Sept 15 and 16. The racing portion will be held at Lebanon Valley Dragway in West Lebanon NY beginning at 8am on the 15th. the Dyno and pull portions will be held at McCray's Farm. I will make a separate thread about the competition here and you can fallow it on my facebook, TruckFest's facebook, newenglandturbodieselpower.com, and most other diesel forums. Hope to see you up here again soon!

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
That's a funny read. That jason seems like a real winner. Big mouth, and I still didn't see any slips or sheets posted. must of lost them....:rofl: