Dyno

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Well, testing Mick's truck will be a lot easier. He is considering a Dyno... Tell him how bad he needs it.....:p

Mick, wouldn't that be a cool addition to your shop? :D

Now, just tell him what brand is best?

mick

Try anything
Aug 15, 2006
Forestdale. Brisbane.Australia
Well, testing Mick's truck will be a lot easier. He is considering a Dyno... Tell him how bad he needs it.....:p

Mick, wouldn't that be a cool addition to your shop? :D

Now, just tell him what brand is best?

Well the price they charge here its a strong consideration now. I need to know the pros and cons if anyone has info

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
Put it on the rollers:D And put the steering wheel on the correct side of the truck while your at it....;):D

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
If there aren't a lot of dynos in your area, you could make your money back fairly quickly.

Like Pat said, Superflow #1, Dyno Jet and Mustang are on about the same level from what I've experienced (second tier).

Con = Crazy Expensive!

mick

Try anything
Aug 15, 2006
If there aren't a lot of dynos in your area, you could make your money back fairly quickly.

Like Pat said, Superflow #1, Dyno Jet and Mustang are on about the same level from what I've experienced (second tier).

Con = Crazy Expensive!

Thanks DP.Thats what I was thinking. Buy one put it ina workshop just with enough room to dyno and employ 1 man that knows what hes doing and contribute to the cost so its not just doing my truck. Superflow seems to be the preferred.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
The cost is the only con as I can see as a downfall, I am not sure what you would need to maintain them or even if its needed :confused:
Also i would think someone would have to set it up also and that would also be at your cost.

But it could open some other big oportunintys for you in the futre:cool2:

mick

Try anything
Aug 15, 2006
FYI - they are comparing motorcycle dynos in that comparison.

Just shows you how attentive I am at the moment. I rang Dyno Dynamics (the only company in Aust selling dynos) this morning for information, pricing etc - here we are 8 hours later - still no reply. Ill contact States on their Monday and see who has what for how much. Maybe a good secondhand one is available somewhere over there. then again if there was Pat probably would have had it by now

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
JMaybe a good secondhand one is available somewhere over there. then again if there was Pat probably would have had it by now

Actually we have seen a couple... But I have used my veto power so far :baby: