Sep 28, 2014
CT
Nice! What'd you get them for if you don't mind

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Hard to believe its going to be my last truck pull of the season tommorow night! :eek:

I swapped out my Precision 2.6X3.6 turbo for a Precision 3.0X3.6 turbo for tommorow. It's an open diesel class so I figured I would see how it does with the bigger turbo!:D

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Pull last night did not go real well with the 3.0 turbo! Spooled up nice and took off well, but I think I locked the converter to quick and fell under the turbo. I have a poor video of it I will try and upload today.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
That's odd, anytime you reduce restriction on one of these class-limited turbos they spool easier and should make more power and stay on top easier(assuming turbine size and housing a/r stayed same). Did you take compressor cover off and measure the difference of the 3.0 wheel? I'd be curioius to see.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
That's odd, anytime you reduce restriction on one of these class-limited turbos they spool easier and should make more power and stay on top easier(assuming turbine size and housing a/r stayed same). Did you take compressor cover off and measure the difference of the 3.0 wheel? I'd be curioius to see.

The 3.0 Precision I put on had the 1.08 A/R and the 2.6 one I have been running has the .96 A/R housing.

It seemed all good till I locked the converter. The outside temp was only in the 40's so not sure if that played into it also.

Last edited:

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Hard to believe pulling season for me is over already:( I am pretty happy with my season on the new build after getting a good converter that would spool my turbo set-up and learn how to drive it. I did 11 pulls and ended up with 6 1st places finish's.

As of right now I plan on making these changes over the winter:

- Weight reduction(gut interior, stand alone wire harness).
- New intake manifold (looking like Wagler's new cast intake).
- Possibly new A2W set-up.
- New draw bar style hitch set-up.
- Install the rear aluminum hub set-up I purchased.

Thanks again to all who have given me help and advice on this build!!!