Duramax powered 20' Flatbottom V-Drive Boat!

Partridge

Full o' BBQ
May 13, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Dig this! This guy races in the Nostalgia Class and wins. It's a 20" Rayson flatbottom v-drive with a Duramax! :eek:

I stole this from here.

"I currently run two props, one 16" pitch 11 1/2 diam. 2 blade prop. I also run a 17 pitch prop, 11 1/2 diam. I have a modified casale v-drive with a 2.125 % percent gears. I have modified the engine with oversize, valves, a heavier valve spring rate and a modified cam. The pistons have been remachined on the top. It should rev. to 4200 red line. I run the engine between 2700 and 3500 rpm. which gives the prop rpm between 5737-7437 rpm. In the last endure, we averaged 75 mph. all day long and used only 40 Gallons of off road diesel. The boat cruises at 80mph at 3100 rpm. The diesel engine with intercooler and heat exchanger weigh in around 500 lb. more than a big block. The extra weight enhances the ride in rough water. I previously ran a big block in the same hull since 1991 on the grand national circuit. There is no comparison, the diesel hooks up and the power is phenominal. I have recently gone to a bigger turbo, but have not had a chance to test."

Attachments

• enduro promo.jpg
    enduro promo.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 133

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Because there is a mandatory fuel stop for all the boats during the race . The dmax boat gets such good mileage that they just eat a sandwich during the stop . :rofl:

He always does well or finishes first with this boat .

Last year if I remember right he had a issue with the cam key letting go .

Nice set-up on this boat , real nice guy . It pulls a tall gear in the v-drive also .

Johnny