Duramax pioneer thread

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
9/30 was a red-letter day in the history of Duramax Performance.

I give you.....the first official use of JuiceGrips™:
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3-...rs/15527-boooom-3-smoke-flavours-recipie.html

Then Jon set out certification rules:
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/4-other-topics/35-off-topic/19937-juicegrips-certification.html

There are no pics of the shirts on the web any more, but I did find the logo:

Jon was one-of-a-kind. I still miss his input, both technical and humorous.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

I don't think so, I actually found it a couple years ago. It was a big long thread and iirc, juice was giving mike a hard time about something and sheep got involved. Mike made a comment about it and things went down hill from there lmao. I gotta find the damn thing. I knew I shoulda saved the link though. I think I posted it here or PMed mike it that couple years ago. Not sure

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I don't think so, I actually found it a couple years ago. It was a big long thread and iirc, juice was giving mike a hard time about something and sheep got involved. Mike made a comment about it and things went down hill from there lmao. I gotta find the damn thing. I knew I shoulda saved the link though. I think I posted it here or PMed mike it that couple years ago. Not sure

Alpacas.. Jon liked the but Mike didn't cause they spit

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
9/30 was a red-letter day in the history of Duramax Performance.

I give you.....the first official use of JuiceGrips™:
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3-...rs/15527-boooom-3-smoke-flavours-recipie.html

Then Jon set out certification rules:
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/4-other-topics/35-off-topic/19937-juicegrips-certification.html

There are no pics of the shirts on the web any more, but I did find the logo:

Jon was one-of-a-kind. I still miss his input, both technical and humorous.

I keep hearing that song, memories in the corner of my mind now... lol...

Its cool to read that older stuff knowing what it all led to...:woott:

Here's a BIG THANK YOU to all the guys who figured it out for us!!!:bow:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Speaking of Jon, (Juice Grips) has anyone heard from him lately? He hasn't been on here since 2011. I know he was dealing with some health issues a few years ago. He was in Cranbrook BC.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Found this beauty in the dresser still in the plastic last night. Hanging onto it-might be worth something someday!
65f5f26a2479dfcd61c726da92d8771e.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Speaking of Jon, (Juice Grips) has anyone heard from him lately? He hasn't been on here since 2011. I know he was dealing with some health issues a few years ago. He was in Cranbrook BC.

I think it's been 5 or 6 years since I last spoke to him. He must have caught some kind of nasty disease from those sexy Llamas in his back yard. :D

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Anyone remember "swiss-cheese-ing" the stock airbox? Hardly ever hear about it anymore.

Or the good ol hardware store crackpipe wastegate regulator for the LB7? Never hear anyone mention that anymore either.

Both are relics now? :)

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Anyone remember "swiss-cheese-ing" the stock airbox? Hardly ever hear about it anymore.

Or the good ol hardware store crackpipe wastegate regulator for the LB7? Never hear anyone mention that anymore either.

They still work well too.:thumb::D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

I remember reading it and then realizing i had the "good air box" cause it came with both sides already opened up. i was almost bummed i couldnt mod it :rofl:. its still up in my attic lol

what about everyone after "finger sticks" for the EGR. edge "hot" unlock or the crazy larry tune for the bully dog.

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI

I still have mine for the lly sitting on the shelf in my garage. Truck was brand new when I did it.

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
The videos by 05smoker and Bobo on YouTube when I was in middle school had me drooling for years. Started creeping the forums a long time ago. Really would like to thank a ton of guys on here for all the useful/informative tech stuff on here. :hug:

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
I remember reading it and then realizing i had the "good air box" cause it came with both sides already opened up. i was almost bummed i couldnt mod it :rofl:. its still up in my attic lol

what about everyone after "finger sticks" for the EGR. edge "hot" unlock or the crazy larry tune for the bully dog.

Crazy Larry, :rofl: That was some terrible tuning!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

We did what we had to back in the beginning. Then, some smart people figured out better ways to do it. But what would we have done with Fingers and SuperDiesel there in the beginning?

One name I forgot to mention was Jeff Toman. He had that beautiful Carbon Metallic GMC and used to run 11s when it wasnt all that easy to do. He still reports his mileage on the old red truck (the one I used to compete against) and I think he's up past 500,000 now.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I still miss Joe Webb. He and I started a great friendship that ended way too soon.
God bless you Joe.:D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
We did what we had to back in the beginning. Then, some smart people figured out better ways to do it. But what would we have done with Fingers and SuperDiesel there in the beginning?

One name I forgot to mention was Jeff Toman. He had that beautiful Carbon Metallic GMC and used to run 11s when it wasnt all that easy to do. He still reports his mileage on the old red truck (the one I used to compete against) and I think he's up past 500,000 now.

Oh I know it Tom. Like I had posted early on in here. My truck got an edge with attitude the week it was being sold from Guy at SoCal. Then when I bought the truck from my dad I contemplated stacking the edge with a hypertech or buying the hot unlock tune. EFI Live tunes were expensive for this college kid at the time. You had to buy the damn v2 (which hadn't been released long) and then tunes on top of that. 1200 bucks for dsp5 and v2 was a deal back then. Steve told me he bought EFI live and was going to tune his truck him self. I remember thinking "dude, your nuts. No way you can tune your truck as well as the big names I read let alone learn all there is about it". So I bought his old Ppe hot +2 and killed my trans in a year lol.

If it weren't for steve, I would have never found this site and all you guys on it. Best place I could have wound up by far :hug:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Wow this thread is a trip down memory lane lol. I joined the BS when I bought mine in 07. Learned a lot from too many guys to really name them all, both on here, on the phone and in person. Still get help from enough of them today or just bullshit on the phone.

The whole family atmosphere deal made it fun. Going to another forum with Bri bri and Ben to put the know it alls in their place and interject kesha into every thread.

And everybody picking on Brian

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk