LLY: duramax knocking..

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
i can? well ok thats good um so if it stops knocking then that will let me know if its injector right? or if its turned off could it still be rod?

Turning off an injector and listening for the knock to go away doesnt tell you if a rod is bent or not. All it tells you is if the rod BEARING is shot.

JMO.

Ben

01LB7

Feb 18, 2010
Missouri
maybe i'm way way off in left field, but what does your oil preassure guage do at idle, does it tick really bad and dance between 0 to 60lbs until you put the fuel to it? saw one do that before and it made a wierd ticking sound, then broke

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
Turning off an injector and listening for the knock to go away doesnt tell you if a rod is bent or not. All it tells you is if the rod BEARING is shot.

JMO.

Ben
alright. i was just curious. i have no clue about these trucks like everyone does on here
maybe i'm way way off in left field, but what does your oil preassure guage do at idle, does it tick really bad and dance between 0 to 60lbs until you put the fuel to it? saw one do that before and it made a wierd ticking sound, then broke

oil PSI almost stays constant maybe like up down 1-2 psi

also this is for everyone.. does overheating the truck weaken anything? because like 5 years ago we overheated the engine and trans. i didnt have egt gauge. but the ECT was HOT. and we let it cool down. no headgasket was blown or anything. just had everything changed. but could that of weakend it? im just trying to throw things out there that i think coulda caused it. cause i dont have time to do any compression test. and dont have a car to drop it off at dealership