Duramax in a 1st gen S10

DieselS10

May 12, 2009
Oklahoma
Wow, I wouldn't have expected it to weigh that much...

Thanks again Fermanator for all of the advice throughout this swap!

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Wow, I wouldn't have expected it to weigh that much...

Thanks again Fermanator for all of the advice throughout this swap!

Surprised me to. I was expecting 6700-6800, but with my 275 pounds it's a consistent 7280-7300 rolling across several sets of certified scales. I know somebody who did one in a 99 2 wheel drive and his weighs around 6400 he said, so the 4X4 adds alot more weight than one owuld think(then again I used quite a bit of steel to beef up my radiator support).

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
DieselS-10, I've enjoyed your build. I could only wish I had the skills and tools to do this. My hat goes off to you and others who do these swaps and vehicle builds. :thumb:

DieselS10

May 12, 2009
Oklahoma
Hey guys, got an issue(s) with it that I'm going you guys can help me with. Apparently I don't have something wired up correctly, the glow plug system isn't functioning properly because the light on the cluster is random and will stay on sometimes. When I shut it off the #5 EDU relay will click repeatedly for sometime after it quits running and the FPR clicks with it. Sometimes it hesitates during off for a second or so when the key is shut off. And then today I bought a Diablo predator used for $120, but when I plugged it in it won't come on at all and I'm thinking all this crap is related. Now one thing that I couldn't do was set the parking brake to shut the daytime driving light off as a the instructions say because it isn't hooked up.

Any ideas guys? :confused: