Duramax Diesels Corvette Club

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
After the little side convo from Tom's birthday thread, I realized there are a few members on here with Corvettes. I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we can talk about upgrades, share pictures, talk about fun stuff we're doing with our cars, etc. So if you have a Corvette, post up your pics and share the details on your car. I'll go first.

My car is a 2012 C6 Grand Sport coupe with the 6 speed manual so it has the hand built LS3 with the dry sump like they used in the Z06 and ZR1. I'm slowly adding upgrades to make it a fun track day car. As of now it has the following mods isntalled or waiting to be installed:

Kooks 1-7/8" long tube headers and X pipe
Custom grind Texas Speed cam with dual valve springs and chromoly push rods
BTR trunnion upgrade
GReddy dual outlet full 3" exhaust
Halltech MF108 intake
Mighty Mouse catch can
AMT Motorsport motor mounts
AMT Motorsport monoball bushing upgrade
AMT Motorsport camber kit
Forgestar 18x12 F14 wheels with BFG Rival S 335/30R18 square for the track
Whiteline Performance adjustable front and rear sway bar end links
MGW flat stick short throw shifter
Extended ZR1 style front splitter
Extended ZR1 style side skirts

attachment.php

attachment.php

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
2008 C6 Z06
ERL 441 13:1 comp,Mamo heads, ported MSD, 2 inch American racing headers, nick Williams throttle body, Hall tech mf103. Daley dry sump
Lg coil overs, sway bars, drop spindles
Cheap rims 18x13 rear 18x11 front
Custom front splitter and rear spoiler.
Sparco seat, fire system
814b86b2d0d4cf4caa5b75439da4b19e.jpg

e7fdeb5a6b6908e2121e0cb218a3f24d.jpg

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
This is a good idea, Josh!

Mine is a 2000 C5 coupe. "Kleshay" is her name. Completely, totally stock. Was originally a Canadian car.
Fully loaded for a C5 (now that I found a clear roof) with the exception of the magnetic ride system.
Bought from a local dealer. Is in good overall condition, but needed some small, common C5 repairs. Those are all done now and the car is solid.

Plans? Just drive it and enjoy it with my wife for now.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180912_162141.jpg
    20180912_162141.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 432
  • 20180912_162217.jpg
    20180912_162217.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Nice Rides !!

Don't actaully own one, but have been moonlighting under the hood on some lately.

Neat vette facts I've learned, from 2005 to 13 the E38 ECM used a different OS and CANbus msg ID set from all other GM LS powered vehicles. Best I can tell, this is related to that BCM unit being outsourced. When they switched to the E92 ECM in 14, the BCM design and CANbus protocol changed back to match all other late model GM vehicles again including the Duramax. So in theory, you could drop a LML into a 14-17 vette.

Second neat fact, your ECM data pid recording oil temp values are only "calculated" off ECT, IAT, RPM and possibly load. Even though there is a functional temp sensor in every LS oil pan. However, the HUD values may be correct as I found some diagrams showing it wired directly to the HUD. I'd love to hear how these values compare in real world. It's possible to get a true EOT value into the ECM with a pin swap and CAX file mod I did for some boat guys.

Anyone interested in playing with big power in late models, I recently finished helping design a TPS translator for stacking or swapping out the factory ECM. No more 0-5v TPS signals on LS platform, they switched to a fully digital signal protocol in 14. So we built a little digital to analog converter that lets ya connect NOS controllers and such to factory harness.

That's everything I've learned about the Corvettes so far this year... :cool2:

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Nice Rides !!

Don't actaully own one, but have been moonlighting under the hood on some lately.

Neat vette facts I've learned, from 2005 to 13 the E38 ECM used a different OS and CANbus msg ID set from all other GM LS powered vehicles. Best I can tell, this is related to that BCM unit being outsourced. When they switched to the E92 ECM in 14, the BCM design and CANbus protocol changed back to match all other late model GM vehicles again including the Duramax. So in theory, you could drop a LML into a 14-17 vette.

Second neat fact, your ECM data pid recording oil temp values are only "calculated" off ECT, IAT, RPM and possibly load. Even though there is a functional temp sensor in every LS oil pan. However, the HUD values may be correct as I found some diagrams showing it wired directly to the HUD. I'd love to hear how these values compare in real world. It's possible to get a true EOT value into the ECM with a pin swap and CAX file mod I did for some boat guys.

Anyone interested in playing with big power in late models, I recently finished helping design a TPS translator for stacking or swapping out the factory ECM. No more 0-5v TPS signals on LS platform, they switched to a fully digital signal protocol in 14. So we built a little digital to analog converter that lets ya connect NOS controllers and such to factory harness.

That's everything I've learned about the Corvettes so far this year... :cool2:

Umm, that's pretty damn cool!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Tom, so I have a reference for how well a C5 pulls from a dig and from a roll, how does it compare to a tune-only built trans duramax?

In general, how quick & fast are stock C5's?

My neighbor has a nice "arrival blue" (I think they call it a different name for the Vette but I believe its actually the same color) C5 he DAILY DRIVES. He's had it for at least 10 years. I've thought about asking him if/when he's ready to get rid of it, to let me have right for first refusal. :D

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Honestly, with the 2.73 diff, its kind of doggy out of the hole. But once you get to about 2000rpm, she moves out pretty good. I think I might look for a 3.15 diff next year to help with that. From everything Ive read, a stock C5 auto will run somewhere around a 13.9 quarter in the 100-108 mph range.
While I dont hot-shoe it much, I have had the car up to 122mph (had to best the wife, for cripes sake!) and it was very stable.
This car is far less in-your-face than a built Dmax when it comes to acceleration and speed. Its a different ballgame altogether.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Can Evan and I join? We don't have Vettes, but we're fast.

Attachments

• 2016_dodge_charger-pic-7902173327534198325-640x480.jpg
    2016_dodge_charger-pic-7902173327534198325-640x480.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 112

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike how come you’re not into GMs sports cars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I almost bought a 2016 ZL1 Camaro. It was a little too tight to get in and out of.
Wonderfull car. Then I drove a Hellcat. It blows away the ZL1 power wise and is easier to get in and out of. The ZF auto trans is the finest shifting trans in the world. It will hold 1K HP stock. It always finds the right gear at the right time. The GM auto's don't compare ( yes even the new 10 speed ).
I am a GM guy but I buy what I like.