Dual Fueler Question

Michigan_LMM

Nov 10, 2016
Mid Michigan
Can anyone explain what the difference is between an LLY and LMM dual fueler kit? On sites that sell them I have seen they are sold by engine generations but am unsure of what the difference is and if it is worth getting. I believe it has an LBZ pump.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
In all honesty you would have to have an LLY-LBZ-LMM truck sitting next to one another to see the underhood differences. The LLY is vastly different from the LBZ/LMM which shares some upgrades from the LLY platform. The biggest unseen change being the horsepower/torque and cooling system..

PPE has it down pretty good and IF you have to be emissions compliant they are CARB approved which should cover the remaining 49 states..

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
the only differences i can think of off the top of my head is the belt and high pressure lines. i would think everything else would be the same

LMM_Austin

Oct 31, 2015
New York
Only difference from PPE is the used to put the high pressure line on the passenger side Rail for the lly, but they stopped making that kit other than that I don't believe there is a difference

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Only difference from PPE is the used to put the high pressure line on the passenger side Rail for the lly, but they stopped making that kit other than that I don't believe there is a difference

I'll give it a shot. the truck will be down for a little while so I can order parts if needed

Call PPE, they have 2 duel fueller models for the LBZ/LMM truck, the differences are the way the way the belt wraps around the AC pump via the idler pulleys and an additional oil fill spout. PPE has no problems with you calling them and purchasing it elsewhere, at least when I spoke with them they did not...:thumb: