LB7: Dual fueler blues

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
Having two issues now. I've gone crazy through my installation instructions through PPE and nothing has any part number for the parts included. I have a dual fueler setup (113061000) on my lb7, and I can't find the belt part number to cross reference anywhere nor do I know the length on it without pulling it. I've searched and have seen they're either 136 which I did the gates method on and the belt is practically on national backorder. I've also seen a 149' come up as well, no idea which is correct so would like to verify

on to the second issue. During my injector install I also installed my dual fueler. At the get go I took the time to true up the dual fueler and ensure pulley alignment is SPOT on. verified today again that everything is still in its place, however there's a 3in section of belt that one rib is partially missing on. I noticed the rust ring on the tensioner and replaced it with the dayco that's supposed to have more belt tension than the OE(may drill and tension it more). Does this sound like a high rpm issue with insufficient tension? Everything else checks out as it should other than maybe a worn out tensioner

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
The belt length is probably the difference between cali and federal trucks

For duals, tension is critical. Some even go as far as putting fixed tensioners on

Reactions: LSxBakakos

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
So pretty safe to say the worn out tensioner was probably the cause? Definitely hoping I can resolve this issue once and for all and get a belt ordered. If the 136" is correct jegs actually has the fastest delivery on it so fingers crossed I can get that ordered tonight

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Mine was 119.5" as I took off the vacuum pump and had my custom made CP3 pulley. But I think it was AutoZone and they had a wide range of sizes to choose from.

I think the part number was 6pk3034 from CONTITECH. Not that this would work for yours.

wydopenLb7

Mar 10, 2023
California
Having two issues now. I've gone crazy through my installation instructions through PPE and nothing has any part number for the parts included. I have a dual fueler setup (113061000) on my lb7, and I can't find the belt part number to cross reference anywhere nor do I know the length on it without pulling it. I've searched and have seen they're either 136 which I did the gates method on and the belt is practically on national backorder. I've also seen a 149' come up as well, no idea which is correct so would like to verify

on to the second issue. During my injector install I also installed my dual fueler. At the get go I took the time to true up the dual fueler and ensure pulley alignment is SPOT on. verified today again that everything is still in its place, however there's a 3in section of belt that one rib is partially missing on. I noticed the rust ring on the tensioner and replaced it with the dayco that's supposed to have more belt tension than the OE(may drill and tension it more). Does this sound like a high rpm issue with insufficient tension? Everything else checks out as it should other than maybe a worn out tensioner
What’s the deal with the rust ring on the tensioner? When I did my injectors about 10k ago I had a weird noise after. Swapped my tensioner and it went away. Just noticed a rust ring on the new one. No noise and belt looks fine..

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
If you can't find the 136" belt I'm 99% sure I have a brand new one one in my garage
Thank you sir, i pulled the trigger last night and jegs claims it'll be sent out on the 26th, if its delayed I may have to take you up on that!
What’s the deal with the rust ring on the tensioner? When I did my injectors about 10k ago I had a weird noise after. Swapped my tensioner and it went away. Just noticed a rust ring on the new one. No noise and belt looks fine..
Granted it's been some years since I was a tech but back in the day that was more so of the easier way of spotting a tensioner deteriorating. Over time rust starts eating away the metal and causes a loss in tension. by nature they all start to, however mine had a pretty nasty brown/red hue to it that spread out about half an inch. Could definitely feel the difference in tension between the old and new one

wydopenLb7

Mar 10, 2023
California
Thank you sir, i pulled the trigger last night and jegs claims it'll be sent out on the 26th, if its delayed I may have to take you up on that!

Granted it's been some years since I was a tech but back in the day that was more so of the easier way of spotting a tensioner deteriorating. Over time rust starts eating away the metal and causes a loss in tension. by nature they all start to, however mine had a pretty nasty brown/red hue to it that spread out about half an inch. Could definitely feel the difference in tension between the old and new one
Thanks I’ll check it out. Should have lasted longer than that.